Brewing Apps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing_al

http://www.homebrewmania.com/
Reaction score
What brewing apps to you use and why? I know there are a few apps out there, but which ones do people use when they brew or are thinking about brewing?

I use HBTalk, which i like. :eek:

I was about to post this an hour ago and got sidetracked. Looking for iOS apps to keep notes on and perhaps find recipes, something easy to track and share.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It's not an app but brew toad is really good and got me started making my own recipes. It isn't as detailed as beersmith or brewers friend but it gets the job done.

Sent from my iPhone

For iOS I like BrewPal. Easy for recipe formulation, you can export to BeerXML, and decent enough customization. There is also a brew timer that works well. I also like BeerSmith on my laptop and then sharing the recipes to my iPad which runs BeerSmith app on it.

BrewPal is much cheaper if you are looking for something to get you started without much out of pocket and then later you can buy BeerSmith and import all of your recipes if you want more tools (ie water adjustment calculator, inventory management of ingredients, multiple equipment profiles, etc.)

BrewPal is great to get you up and running building recipes and getting you through the brew day. It also has a great BJCP guide built into it that is a quick and thorough reference.

Latest posts

Back