Brewing a Heffe @72°

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brews-n-Blues

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm currently Brewing a 5 gallon batch of "Heffe" inside my house at 73-74°.
My Fermenter just "crapped" out, so i had to move everything inside?
The Fermenter was set to 70°
Inside the house is set to 73°.
I used the Wyeast smack pack that is designed for "Heffe" style Brews.
Will the new 73 -74° temp be OK for the duration of the fermentation?
Thanks,
Rock

You'll still make a wheat beer but it may be lacking some of the finer subtle details you were hoping for. It'll probably be just fine although it may have more banana than you expected.

Oh Well?
That might be a good thing, since I do tend to like the banana esters in Heffes?
Thanks for your time!!
Cheers!
🍺😎

IT depends partly on how long it's been going. |More than a few days, a week at the outside, the flavors are pretty well set.
Much less and it could have some effects. But a lot of hefeweizens do recommend ferment higher to get those banana and clove esters in the finished product.

My Hefe’s are virtually finished after 72 hours in the fermenter. All the temperature induced yeast characteristics in the beer are set by then.
Are you saying that only after 3 days (72hrs) of fermentation, start to finish, you're bottling your Heffe?
That would be amazing?
Are you using Kveik Yeast or normal "Heffe"?
Mine is still fermenting as I write,
7 days after start?
It's slowing down, but still going?
"Splain, Luucy"!!😎
Let me know, please?
Cheers to the Craft!
🍺😎

Are you saying that only after 3 days (72hrs) of fermentation, start to finish, you're bottling your Heffe?
That would be amazing?
Are you using Kveik Yeast or normal "Heffe"?
Mine is still fermenting as I write,
7 days after start?
It's slowing down, but still going?
"Splain, Luucy"!!😎
Let me know, please?
Cheers to the Craft!
🍺😎
Using Wyeast 3068 at 20C/68F I’m always very close to FG in 72 hours, with my 22L batches. I leave it sit though, and don’t bottle until around days 10 to 12. First bottle gets opened after 7 days in bottle and to my tastes it’s peak drinking after 3 weeks in bottle.

Latest posts

Back