Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where was the leak? Was it an incomplete weld?

More like badly attached hose inside the machine which came little bit loose for some reason. Difficult to say where exactly! Amount of water was very little! I'd say more probably bad assembly than bad welding!

New review!!!! Feel free to translate :) looks like it worked this time!

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FnJa0XFF4Q[/ame]

Cool. Still a software bug, but my bet is they will get solved in time.

Don't love the aggressive mash aeration going on there, but it made beer!

Also I am anal, but I get nervous when people transfer into a wide open bucket, then lean and talk all over it. If you knew the crap flying out of your mouth when you talk...

Hello, I am new to this forum. Probably won't get a brewie, but it looks very interesting.
I understand german and just wanted to point out that the two main things in this video are that: 1. He found an offline mode so that he could use the system, and 2. He was planning a 10 liter batch but only got 4 liters into the fermenter.
He didn't seem too upset.
I guess one has to learn to program the recipes?

Cheers,
dgently.

Hello, I am new to this forum. Probably won't get a brewie, but it looks very interesting.
I understand german and just wanted to point out that the two main things in this video are that: 1. He found an offline mode so that he could use the system, and 2. He was planning a 10 liter batch but only got 4 liters into the fermenter.
He didn't seem too upset.
I guess one has to learn to program the recipes?

Cheers,
dgently.

I asked what happened at YouTube's comments. That 4 litres result was apparently user error! He told that he successfully brewed 20litres batch next day!

It's believable even with automation you still have to learn your setup. I know I did when I got a zymatic. First brews were meh, but successive ones were great beers

Cool. Still a software bug, but my bet is they will get solved in time.

Don't love the aggressive mash aeration going on there, but it made beer!

Also I am anal, but I get nervous when people transfer into a wide open bucket, then lean and talk all over it. If you knew the crap flying out of your mouth when you talk...

I believe the mash aeration and foaming caused by that was because of too small batch size / user settings error. People who have successfully done 20l batches haven't reported anything about mash foaming!

I'm just brewing my first beer with my Brewie! Seems to be too easy!!! I'll report how it goes! There are some minor things I don't like! First, the hoses! They're too short and with too thin wall thickness! Had to replace all 3 hoses! Second, the lids! They're otherwise ok, but if you try to close one and open other at the same time they "stuck" little bit to each other! 3rd, the screen at some situations! When for example trying to enter wifi password, the digit 1 is so close to the screen edge that it's really hard to press!

As I said, minor things! Everything is going fluently! The software is bit buggy and needs development, but I'm mashing! I checked how accurate the temp is with thermapen mk4, and at the mash tank at the moment Brewie's temp reading is showing 62,1C when Thermapen Mk4 is showing 0,5 - 1 deg Celsius less. At the boil side where sparging water is waiting preheated the temp is spot on 78c-78c.

I didn't take time, but it was superfast!!! Wort went from 100c to 12c in about maybe 20minutes... Chilling is definitely not an issue! Depends of course on you water network temperature, I have quite cold water, maybe 6c at winter.

Video please Tiputus!

Tried to, but I get error message: invalid file! Guess I should share a Dropbox link... I'll do it later... busy today! Didn't shoot too many videos as I was too excited/ got too drunk celebrating my first brew! =) I have some videos though... One with really strong rolling boil! My next brew I'm going to do sober and shoot more videos!

I've spent the last few days doing research on various automated systems and just spent the last hour or so reading this thread. So far, the Brewie seems like the best option for me. However, it might be wise to wait a month or so until the company gets everything under control. I had a couple quick questions that I was wondering if anyone could answer:

1. What is the minimum brew volume? I'm interested in using this system to brew multiple 1-gallon batches. I think I read somewhere that the minimum volume was 10 L. In that case, I would probably split this into two 1-gallon fermenters and dry hop each differently.

2. Can this system be controlled remotely? The brew time seems a bit long (6 Hr in a video they posted), so it would be nice to start it remotely. That way, I could load it in the morning before I go to work then start the brew around lunch. It should be ready to transfer into the fermenter and pitch by that evening.

1. Yes, the manual says minimum batch is 10l

2. Yes, this feature has been promised. Not available yet, but should be coming soon. My first brew was about 5 hours.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! Looks like an awesome toy, can't wait to hear more reviews/feedback from people.

Did brewie send out an update email recently?

Yes, I got an email yesterday. They are wrapping up shipping 220v machines the remaining plug types in the next few weeks and and plan to begin shipping US machines ~3rd week of January.

Yes, I got an email yesterday. They are wrapping up shipping 220v machines the remaining plug types in the next few weeks and and plan to begin shipping US machines ~3rd week of January.

So what does that mean in English?

Thanks Jamie. I asked them to add me to the distro for people who purchased a Brewie.

So what does that mean in English?

Here is what it means in English without typos:

Yes, I got an email yesterday. They are wrapping up shipping 220v machines with the remaining plug types in the next few weeks and plan to begin shipping US machines ~3rd week of January.

Here is what it means in English without typos:

Yes, I got an email yesterday. They are wrapping up shipping 220v machines with the remaining plug types in the next few weeks and plan to begin shipping US machines ~3rd week of January.

Sorry I was being a smart a**. Brewie's dates are always worthless so I was asking what are they really saying. 3rd week of January 2018?

They do still have some shipping to do. I'm waiting for a 220V EU plug machine. Have yet to receive a notification of shipping. IOW they are not done with the first type yet.

They do still have some shipping to do. I'm waiting for a 220V EU plug machine. Have yet to receive a notification of shipping. IOW they are not done with the first type yet.

Really? Their email update indicated all EU machines had either been delivered or shipped. You should check with them on that discrepancy. Sounds like they lied... Again.

Really? Their email update indicated all EU machines had either been delivered or shipped. You should check with them on that discrepancy. Sounds like they lied... Again.
I did check, they haven't forgotten me so they just haven't finished. But yes the email update got me worried in the first place.

I am really suprised there is no news from people who have already received their Brewie. I would be sending out reviews like crazy.

I was informed via email that my machine should be on its way this Friday! It went on to say as soon as it arrives in Europe it will be passed to DHL and I would receive a tracking number. (the email came on the 5th of Jan)
Sorry forgot to say I'm based in the uk.

I really hope the Brewie team gets it together quickly because the PicoBrew Indy is on the way.

I really hope the Brewie team gets it together quickly because the PicoBrew Indy is on the way.

Ha! They have been chasing for some time now. Given the expertise of the PICO team I really don't expect a Brewie team to ever catch up. Just my 2 pennies.

Back