Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, seriously? Is this the state of modern products? After all the feel good connected marketing and the big launch release the machine has a promising outlook?

Seems like the idea of things these days is more important than the actual thing. Glad to only be watching this than participating.

Everyday I check this thread and thank God I didn't hit send on that preorder. I was so close. What actually stopped me was the complete inability to get even an email response from them about some very general questions.

I still hope they can make it work, but I will wait until the Kickstart folks Beta test this out and get the bugs fixed

So with the short clean, nothing to stop the user adding hot water rather than the cold rinse?

I was really interested in this product as well, and I can understand kinks also. But this thing's release was postponed and pushed back numerous times to work out the kinks and to release the best product possible.
It's almost like Brewie felt the heat coming down and released a product to please the masses without proper checks and qc in place. Most of these "kinks" seem inexcusable to me. The types of kinks you typically expect are the longer term kinks and glitches that no one really planned on or expected. Like a part wearing out prematurely, but the types of problems right now are pretty pathetic really. Basic software issues and leaks right out of the box? That's piss poor in my opinion.

They didn't do themselves any favors by communicating only to people with machines that the software was still beta. Everyone else looking on has different expectations and starts seeing all these issues...

No, nothing stopping! You can do that! Or you can create your own custom "cleaning" recipe!

Thanks, I see on the FB page someone else is expressing concern over the non complete draining issue.

The software issue & a few leaks here and there might be annoying but should be easily fixable? I assume Brewie will issue a software update(s) to fix most things.

A leaking machine? do they except returns under warranty or are people tightening hoses themselves (assuming the jubilee clip is the cause).

I'll be interested if they propose a fix for the draining issue, or will the it need another deep clean cycle /custom cycle before every use.

My preference for cleaning heat exchangers is a flush through / back flush & then a full drain straight after use, then if it hasn't been used for a while bung it in an autoclave / pressure cooker 121c for 15mins before the brew day.

Has brewie got an instruction manual on cleaning procedure or do they just recommend either of the cleaning cycles?

Thanks

I was hoping to hear some good news. I didn't pre order due to the lack of communication from brewie but I really want this thing to be awesome! I would love nothing more than to hear success stories. So far, I have not read many posts ( here or on the brewie users group on Facebook) that demonstrate a usable machine. I hope it's all software that can be corrected.

I too am waiting. It will be the best machine on the market shortly. I think by April or May I will place my order. Deliveries should be flowing and the software issues fixed. Very excited for Brewie seeing it all come together.

I too am waiting. It will be the best machine on the market shortly. I think by April or May I will place my order. Deliveries should be flowing and the software issues fixed. Very excited for Brewie seeing it all come together.

I cancelled my pre order. Want them to fix all the issues first.

Go to the Brewie Owners Group Facebook page. It is filled with lots on information from people who have been brewing with it. I will be ordering one in a few months. I am just waiting until most of the pre-orders have been filled and the software gets updated.

Hi All,

I've been lurking on this thread for a couple months now, but figured it was time to join in. I pre-ordered a Brewie near the end of November, and obviously have been anxiously awaiting its arrival. (ideally with good fixes to software and hardware challenges) I messaged Brewie on Facebook a couple days ago, and received the following response from Gabriella this morning:

"Thanks for your enquiry. We will start shipping to the States in the last week of February as we would like to double check all the machines - and also, we are planning a software update for the forthcoming days and we would like to ensure that the machine you receive is up-to-date and has a minimal chance to meet problems. After that we will ship based on the purchase order.
Please, let me get back to you later when we have a more precise delivery date for you. We will keep you informed!
Hope this helps.

Best,
Gabriella"

Just wanted to pass this status update along, in an effort to keep the interested parties informed!

Hi All,

I've been lurking on this thread for a couple months now, but figured it was time to join in. I pre-ordered a Brewie near the end of November, and obviously have been anxiously awaiting its arrival. (ideally with good fixes to software and hardware challenges) I messaged Brewie on Facebook a couple days ago, and received the following response from Gabriella this morning:

"Thanks for your enquiry. We will start shipping to the States in the last week of February as we would like to double check all the machines - and also, we are planning a software update for the forthcoming days and we would like to ensure that the machine you receive is up-to-date and has a minimal chance to meet problems. After that we will ship based on the purchase order.
Please, let me get back to you later when we have a more precise delivery date for you. We will keep you informed!
Hope this helps.

Best,
Gabriella"

Just wanted to pass this status update along, in an effort to keep the interested parties informed!

I wonder what the transmit time will be? Coming by boat or plane? So end of March..... maybe?

I optimistically told a friend that my guess would be delivery in April, hopefully. As BrunDog said though, there has consistently been a lot of schedule slip, so it's any one's guess.

I wonder what the transmit time will be? Coming by boat or plane? So end of March..... maybe?

Don't quote me on this, but I thought I recalled reading that the increase in shipping fee somewhere along the duration of pre-orders was the result of a decision to move from boat to shipping via air.

Hopefully. It appears the biggest, most common issue users are reporting is the inability to accurately calibrate water volume. This is a pretty big deal. I hope they are able to correct the problem.

I hope so too because I will be placing an order for a Brewie in about two months. I am ready to jump on this train!

Go to the "Brewie Owners" facebook page. It is not the same as "brewie" facebook page. It was set up by an owner of a Brewie to talk about the machine.

I hope so too because I will be placing an order for a Brewie in about two months. I am ready to jump on this train!

You even been on a train when it derails? Might want to let it cover more ground without first!

My honest opinion is they released it way before it was ready as a result of the economic and customer pressures. I have a suspicion that the software alone won't fix all the issues. It just seems odd they haven't released new incremental versions along the way. If it were me, I would have addressed the overflow issue ASAP. People would be tolerable of multiple updates with incremental improvements rather than waiting indefinitely for the "big fix". I hope i am wrong but I am familiar with automation and software/hardware integration - its not easy.

So I've had my Brewie for a month now. Most of my comments have gone in the forementioned Brewie Owners group on FB but if you have any questions I'm happy to answer :)

What I have been reading in the Brewie Owners group seems positive in the sense the machine works as planned. The software is the issue and just needs updating. I think it will be the best on the market soon.

That's the assumption. Though, it could be that the hardware for the mechanism used to measure volume is faulty. Hopefully not the case.

So I've had my Brewie for a month now. Most of my comments have gone in the forementioned Brewie Owners group on FB but if you have any questions I'm happy to answer :)

Is that a private FB group? Could you post a link so others can find/join? Thanks!

If I missed a link in an earlier post, my bad.

Just go to FB and look for Brewie Owners Group. Anyone can join. It is a place to talk about the Brewie. Good or bad but a place to make improvements not just trash Brewie and it's people. I think keeping positive will be better for everyone.

Thanks, Alpaca. I was searching for the FB group through Google, and only got hits for the official Brewie page, for whatever reason.

So far people are very happy with the update. I really wish deliveries would start for the USA and Canada. I really want to order a Brewie but not until pre-orders have been filled.

I get the software updates are a welcome addition to those with a machine but no software update will ever change the way the system is physically plumbed in.

Fast-forward a week/month/year the machine works software perfect, how does the physical aspects of the machines limitations alter?

Scenario, I make a wort & then ferment it (lets be honest its a wort making machine -nothing else). 2 months later I want to make another wort, is the machine clean enough to use? Should I be worried that a plate chiller on it side has been left for 2 months? If I run another cleaning cycle before the brew, where does any residual cleaning fluid go without a bottom drain outlet.

Back