Brewhardware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewaloon

Reaction score
Hi, I don’t post often here, just a great shoot out to BrewHardware.com for all the amazing new Tri-Clamp ports on my Ss Brewtech 20 Gallons kettle.
The inside dimple, welding and polishing work is impeccable and is making my other BruGear OEM welds look subpar.
If you need to add more TC ports on your Ss Brewtech vessels, look no further.

1599765284243.png

I was looking for a post like this, i myself buy all my fittings from Brewhardware. every order is extremely well packaged. for my first system i used the same kettles you posted a picture of. now i am using his solder fittings to build a BIAB set up that is 100% clean in place.

on a side note i posted about issues i had with my RIPTIDE pump but had also sent an email to brew hardware about the issue. Not only was he willing to step in and make it right for me but had already connected my email to the forum post. Bobby really cares about his company and the customers. (Blichmann ended up fixing my pump without question)

One thing i have noticed is the prices are extremely good, its obvious he works hard to source quality parts and keep prices low. If anyone reading this is into DIY projects Brewhardware is the place to shop its all about how can i make something better for cheaper then you can buy off the shelf in my opinion.

Just getting back into the HB game a few weeks back, I did not know any better and bought my start-up kit and equipment from another source. Then I found Brewhardware, and the few things I have purchased since have all come from Brewhardware. I will be starting a brew tomorrow, and had a few questions about the brew itself. Bobby and Sue were great taking the time to answer them for me. What's even better, I can't wait for BH to have in-store shopping again. Turns out, they are located about 15 minutes from my house. Great for me as a newbie, maybe not so much for Bobby and Sue. Hahaha.

Thanks Bobby for another example of excellent customer service. Today I ordered a Spin Cycle whirl pooler for my Anvil and forgot to add the quick disconnect. When I called he changed the order without a charge. I'll definitely be a regular customer. Thanks again. :mug:

Not sure how this is the first time I've seen this thread...
I always say better lucky than smart. I'm really lucky to own a house where brewhardware is my LHBS. Do I miss the days of walking around and finding something to buy that I never realized how much I wanted needed? Terribly!! Do they still treat me like family. Heck yeah! Bobby has turned down $ he really should charge, just cuz he wanted to help me.
Cheers to Bobby and the entire staff! My beer is better because of the time and effort you've spent educating and helping me. :bigmug:

Last edited:
Not sure how this is the first time I've seen this thread...
I always say better lucky than smart. I'm really lucky to own a house where brewhardware is my LHBS. Do I miss the days of walking around and finding something to buy that I never realized how much I wanted needed? Terribly!! Do they still treat me like family. Heck yeah! Bobby has turned down $ he really should charge, just cuz he wanted to help me.
Cheers to Bobby and the entire staff! My beer is better because of the time and effort you've spent educating and helping me. :bigmug:

that would be awesome!

I really love how thorough brewhardware is with explanations on their website. They not only break down how your order moves through their system, they also breakdown how it probably will move through the shipping company’s system which they really don’t have to do, but they do.

Then you get an email when the product ships with even MORE of an explanation that breaks down how their timeline works after the label is printed and even goes on to explain the delay between the label being printed and when the the tracking info is reflected on the shipping company’s website.

Not only should this, in theory, eliminate a lot of unnecessary shipping inquiry emails to brewhardware, but it is extremely courteous. It’s a win for everyone.

Sorry for the rant about a seemingly minor detail but I am sure I am not the only one who appreciates this.

I have never had an issue with BrewHardware.

First experience was about 6 years ago when I forgot an item (misjudged how many connectors I needed for my keg cleaning) and he was able to add an item to my order without issue.

Second was when I ordered Spike parts earlier this month and had an issue with the shipping cost and he quickly refunded me on that cost.

Will definitely buy from them again and recommended them to a fellow co-worker who also got a Spike (he got the CF15 and I got the CF5) this year.

Of course BrewHardware rocks when in comes to hardware, but I find myself buying my grains and other ingredients from them, too (now that my LHBS has closed). I've balked a couple of times at the shipping cost, and then try to go over to those "free or low flat rate" sites. But between having to round up to the next pound for grain and generally higher prices (especial on the water chemicals!), BH remains competitive. Add fast shipping, great customer service, and Bobby's active support of the community here, and I balk no more.

Edit: another reason not to balk at the shipping is the initial estimated amount might not be the best final price. Once you proceed with your cart, you'll get a bunch of options for shipping. My final shipping cost on my recent order ended up being about $8 cheaper than the estimate.

Last edited:
I just placed another ingredients order. I'm in the midwest so it's a bit far to ship and shipping is expensive, but when I check the item prices against closer shops the overall cost is about the same. I usually order for 3 beers at a time to limit shipping expenses. Plus, I did some research for grain milling and BrewHardware is top notch for BIAB mill gap. Some shops will double mill at .038, but I did not find another online shop that actually mills closer specifically for BIAB.

And great responsive customer service.

I just placed another ingredients order. I'm in the midwest so it's a bit far to ship and shipping is expensive, but when I check the item prices against closer shops the overall cost is about the same. I usually order for 3 beers at a time to limit shipping expenses. Plus, I did some research for grain milling and BrewHardware is top notch for BIAB mill gap. Some shops will double mill at .038, but I did not find another online shop that actually mills closer specifically for BIAB.

And great responsive customer service.
Thanks. When you specify BIAB, no kernels shall survive. We have a gap indexed at .020" for that.

I have been wanting a flow meter to set my recirculation rate without having to lift the lid and gauge if it "looks about right." Since native tri-clamp units are $$$ I finally decided to just buy the Blichmann and live with threads and noticed Bobby had them in stock. Then I noticed an add-on option to have TC fittings sanitary welded for only about $25 more than the cost of the fittings themselves. The results are terrific!

20230106_120309266_iOS.jpg
20230106_120320312_iOS.jpg

My only complaint about Brewhardware is that being local, I wound up spending an extra hour talking to Bobby during my “quick” shopping trip. 🤣

Seriously they’re an awesome shop and I am very lucky to be only 30 minutes from them. Having an LHBS like Brewhardware is a blessing.

Last edited:
My only complaint about Brewhardware is that being local, I wound up spending an extra house talking to Bobby during my “quick” shopping trip. 🤣

Seriously they’re an awesome shop and I am very lucky to be only 30 minutes from them. Having an LHBS like Brewhardware is a blessing.

Oops. You can always warn upon entry that you only have 20 minutes to spare and it will help keep my mouth shut better.

I have been wanting a flow meter to set my recirculation rate without having to lift the lid and gauge if it "looks about right." Since native tri-clamp units are $$$ I finally decided to just buy the Blichmann and live with threads and noticed Bobby had them in stock. Then I noticed an add-on option to have TC fittings sanitary welded for only about $25 more than the cost of the fittings themselves. The results are terrific!
I'm glad the work met your expectations. Funny story about these adapters and the weld. Someone ordered the TC weld on service along with a pump. About a year later I received a box out of the blue and it was that pump. The TC fittings/flanges were chewed up beyond repair obviously the result of vise jaws and a pipe wrench. The handwritten note was "Couldn't wrench these fittings off. You must have galled the threads when you installed them"

I have been brewing for over 30 years. I looked at several all-in-one systems but they were either underpowered, overly expensive, or cheap coffee urns - not what I wanted.

I saw Bobby's premium eBIAB system in action on YouTube and thought this would be the perfect combination of flexibility and cost. I called the store and Bobby answered.... all 4 times that I called. I was astounded. The fact that I could customize what parts I needed based on equipment I already had, sealed the purchase deal for me.

Bobby and his crew packaged this system for shipping as if it was going to their house. The Spike 38 litre kettle is a thing of beauty. I've never seen such beautiful welds and attention to detail, both the Spike welds and the additions Bobby puts in. The Blichmann Brew Commander is very easy to use and understand.

One brew day isn't a very large sample size, but I can say that I had fewer hiccups and gotchas with this system than I have experienced when using any other new piece of equipment or new brewing procedure. The brew day went very smoothly indeed. Cleanup was a breeze.

If you have been contemplating an eBIAB system and are comparing systems.... give this one a real hard look. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s quite awesome in my opinion. I just received my 15gallon solo basket and I am getting ready for a little drive to NJ from CT to add a few TC fittings on it.

Back