Brewers Best Whitbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hough77

Reaction score
Th instructions are pretty vague, don't know when I'm supposed to put the flaked wheat and flaked oats in. Do they go in the muslin bag with the crushed 2 row pale malt? And the spice pack, do I just dump it in the Wort, or bag it.

You have to steep the grains first. Put all of the grains in the grain bag and tie a loose knot at the top. Put 1 gallon of water in your brew pot since this recipe has 2 lbs of grains. Bring the water to 155 degrees. Put the bag in. Bring the temp up between 148 and 152, not more than 155 max. Steep for 45minutes. Remove bag and let liquid drip into pot, don't squeeze. You can rinse the bag over the pot with water that is at approx 150 degrees, this is optional. Add another gallon and a half of warm water to your pot and start boiling. Follow the schedule..

I've brewed a few of these kits and have always found the instructions to be clear and the beer has always turned out great. Good luck!

Instructions:

http://www.brewersbestkits.com/pdf/1051_Witbier w steep to convert.pdf

Thank you sir!brewing this one on Sunday, is there anything I can do to up the ABV on this one?

Definitely! Add fermentable sugar: malt, honey, molasses, corn syrup, corn sugar, fruit, etc.

But I wouldn't do it if it's your first batch. I would just follow the recipe the first time and then experiment with the next one a little. My first batch I added strawberries and honey in the primary and it tasted like a weird wine cooler. Not what I was going for but you live and you learn.

Latest posts

Back