Breweries, Pubs, and Dives in Chicago and Champagne IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipsySaint

Reaction score
I'm headed to Chicago and Champagne IL for the week around Turkey Day. I'm looking for some recommendations on bottles I should get to bring back home to Maine, and some good places to go.

I love wild beers and malty beers, some hops can be good but I'm super picky about IPA's.....

So where should I go and what should I buy for bottles.

Bonus category: Best dive bar that I won't get stabbed in ? (unless I deserve it)

Thanks! :tank:

Maria's package good is a dive bar that is nationally known. Skylark right in the area flies under the radar not the beer list of Maria's but has incredible food and a solid taplist

Chicago proper check out Revolution Brewing. NW Indiana is not that far to get some Three Floyds on tap.

If you venture out a bit, there's a small new brewery in Tinley Park called Hailstorm that I think is turning out some incredibly good beer.

If you venture out a bit, there's a small new brewery in Tinley Park called Hailstorm that I think is turning out some incredibly good beer.

I'm very close to Tinley. Is that the place off of 183rd? I could be mistaken...

I've been meaning to drop in there and see what's up. Good brews?

I'm very close to Tinley. Is that the place off of 183rd? I could be mistaken...

I've been meaning to drop in there and see what's up. Good brews?

186th I believe.
I think they have incredibly good beers there. For a startup I think they're outstanding. Just cracked some barrel aged stuff too. Give em a look! (No affiliation, for the record)

Back