Brewed AG Centennial Blonde yesterday and no activity !!??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windsors

Reaction score
Hey, I brewed an AG Centennial Blonde yesterday. Everything was good. Used a CFC and O2 into the conical at 68 F. Pitched a dry Nottingham yeast on top with a stir around 7 pm last night. I monitor with a Ranco in a thermowell with a heater attached to keep it at 68 F. But I forgot to plug in the heater and in the morning it was at 60 F. Connected the heater this morning and it was up to 68 F, but its 7 pm now and no activity !!??

I think it should have started by now. Should I pitch another pack of Nottingham ? I don't want it to sit too long without starting to ferment.

thanks

what makes you think it hasn't started yet? your beer is fine just leave it be it will start eventually.

I hear you. I'm like a kid at Christmas and have to go down stairs the next morning and see a bubbling fermentor air lock.

Checked this morning...It alive. !!

Thanks to those who told me to chill out.

I brewed 10 g of this also and pitched 3 packages of S-04 and oxygenated it @ 3 LPM plate chilled to 68*....in 12 hours it was starting to work....It was going for about 3 days then ceased. I have it kegged now and it is good. I may have overbittered it with centennial but it is still good

Latest posts

Back