Brew Room/Pantry Idea's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brek81

Reaction score
As i'm wrapping up my Laundry room remodel, i'm starting to look at an 8x8 side room off the kitchen, and thinking it would make a good brew room/pantry.

I'm planning on going electric, water is available, but for cleaning only, and was debating if a sink is worth it.

I have a few idea's, but would like to see what other people would suggest.

heres a rough sketch

BrewRoom.jpg

Water is not available to be hooked to brewery to fill, and chill? Get a good sink in there if you can, or you will be taking the vessels to the kitchen or oustside. Go ahead and go 240, especially if the box is right there.

Another idea is to use part of the room for fermentation also, and you may need to start considering refrigeration, or putting a chest freezer in with a controller.

Ventilation will be an issue, so consider installing one or even two bathroom style ventilation fans.

Make sure the floor is going to be water resistant, so tile or vinyl. If this is a second floow and I had the resources, I would like to put in a floor drain!

Does this room face an exterior wall, if so, what about putting in a window ac unit so that you could refrigerate part of the room? Putting in a beer cellar to part of this would be great too!

BTW, can u tell that I am already jealous?

2 walls are exterior, have a window (and convieneintly an ac and controller :p )

have talked to a friend who does Stainless fab work and looking at a hood, this may be an epic build... need to finish the laundry room first though :)

to maximize your space, could you make the door swing out into the kitchen?

Another thought is whether you want to brew in the room or store brewery in the room. If only store, you could just roll it in, and be able to do more in the room than just brew.

Back