Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Taylor

Reaction score
Ok I originally planned on converting one of my basement rooms into a brew room. It was going to be more money than I was willing to spend. So when I was nearly ready to give up I ran into a discussion of brew hardware's Steam Slayer and realized it would take a lot less money to convert my existing bar into a brew bar. I'm to the point where it is functional so I thought I'd share some progress and get some input. With the scale I brew at the small space should work great. I am going to brew once a week (or so) until I get things ironed out then slow back down. Currently in the fermenter is Quest (a long story about a mis-documented recipe for my wedding beer). In the fridge (that still needs work) is a Bohemian pils we used to test the steam slayers management of steam and DMS. Short story it worked great.

At this point we still have a ways to go with priority being given to lighting, spill protection and water system mounting. Not in the pictures is the cleaning station I have around the corner from the brew area (aka a large shower with a special water system).

One last note, I'd back up more to get a better shot but no point in exposing the mess..... I did share a picture of the brew day mess just so you won't think I'm done.

Thanks in advance for any input

Bart

PXL_20230411_205621947 (1).jpgPXL_20230411_205317499.jpgPXL_20230411_205353929.jpgPXL_20230411_202405733.jpgPXL_20230411_205424571.jpgPXL_20230409_005806215.jpg

Nice! I would dig having everything in one room. My brew situation requires me to do some sneaker work. I brew in the kitchen and then move the fermenters into my brewing storage/music/fishing gear, multi-purpose room. I then schlep the fermenters back into the kitchen for bottling, and then schlep the bottles back into the "multi-purpose" room for conditioning. See why I brew small batches? 🏃‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️ 🍺 🎣 🎸👟

Nice! I would dig having everything in one room. My brew situation requires me to do some sneaker work. I brew in the kitchen and then move the fermenters into my brewing storage/music/fishing gear, multi-purpose room. I then schlep the fermenters back into the kitchen for bottling, and then schlep the bottles back into the "multi-purpose" room for conditioning. See why I brew small batches? 🏃‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️ 🍺 🎣 🎸👟
Yes I do. I was north of 25 trips between the garage and the basement each brew day. That was my motivation for moving into the basement.

Back