Brew Rig - JonyMac's Stillwater Homebrewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img-0244-1024x768.jpg

I have been working on my brew rig for just about a year now and it is up and running with the bugs worked out. I now have a bit of time to go through and document what I did for the community's use. I have been a shameless lurker up to this point and am now coming out of the shadows. Kal asked me to put together a thread when I could so here it is.A little history: I have been home brewing for over 20 years and occasionally lend a hand at a local micro brew place in my neighborhood. I have moved from cook top extract setup to a garage propane 5 gallon setup, added full grain capabilities and now have the full blown electric setup in my basement. I love brewing and the camaraderie of brewing with a bunch of great guys who love brewing. I have a vertical side by side fridge in the garage with three taps, but my wife has moved me to the basement. As I post pictures, I will go into further detail on the builds for each appliance if there is interest. The most notable home build is a fermentation refrigeration controller I built to look exactly like Kal's brewing controller so they look like a matched pair. I have to say that I am overwhelmed with how well it came out and learned a TON about wiring and refrigeration set points, etc.I have a number of messy hobbies and needed a space out of the way of SWMBO to do them (Brewing, Beekeeping, Cheesemaking, Maple Syrup Making). I use my brewery to 1. brew, 2. extract honey, 3. make cheese, 4. boil down sap from my sugar bush to make maple syrup. Not doing this in my wife's kitchen has improved our marriage substantially.Our basement was unfinished this time last year. The area where my brewery and bar is used to be my wood working shop, the rest of the basement was storage and junk. I will post construction pics of the basement. We wanted a guest suite, home theater, work out room, copious storage, a bar and brewery, and a rec room for ping pong and pool. The basement opens out with sliding glass doors to a patio and a path to the lake. I built a 12x24 workshop as a separate building and moved my woodworking equipment in there. We also tackled moving the washer and dryer from the first floor to my closet on the second floor and rebuilt the first floor room as a mud room and pantry. (Momma's happy.)-JonyMac
img-0159-1024x768.jpg

Boiling Equipment: 3 Blichman 20 Gallon Kettles
Beer Bottling Gear: CO2 presurrized kegging system
Fermentation Vessels and Equipment: 3 SS Brewtech 14 gallon conicals
Wort Chillers: Convoluted Chiller
Plumbing, Pumps and Hardware: 2 march Pumps and modular hosing system
Yeast Equipment: Stir plate and cooler - harvest yeast with conicals
Cleansers and Sanitizers: StarSan
img-0164-1024x768.jpg

img-0244.jpg

Dave- can I ask what kind of lighting is in the hood vent. I'm looking to do something similar and I'm not finding too many options for lights that can withstand that kind of heat and humidity. Thanks!

Back