Brew Perfect WiFi Hydrometer Review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micraftbeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to use the Brew Perfect WiFi hydrometer recently. Below is a link to my detailed review. I still definitely love the logged data of gravity during fermentation! The Brew Perfect had a few nice features over the Tilt (WiFi connectivity instead of Bluetooth), but it also comes with more limitations and a few problems I experienced.

They've got some cool stuff coming with their remote controller that you can plug in your heat & cool fermentation devices to and control remotely, so hopefully they work through these issues before then.

Let me know if anyone has any questions that aren't covered in the review.

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2018/09/hands-on-review-brew-perfect-wifi-digital-hydrometer.html

This is the first I've heard of this device.

Do you have to perfectly balance the torpedo / fishing line so the fishing line is just barely hanging tight at the start of fermentation??

If so that sounds like a difficult task. Lol

It doesn't have to be perfect, but it does have to be long enough to be completely submerged. In my 7 gallon Brew Bucket I was going to be borderline with 3.5 gallons into the fermentor. Luckily, I ended up with closer to 4 gallons.

But I would not want to be messing around with different lengths or extensions of fishing line.

Is the torpedo always applying tension to the string? ie it is always "sinking" to some degree, even at the start of fermentation? Or does it float at the start?

Always applying tension. Basically its shape/density is such that it will always sink. With a submerged body, there's some physics that says the force pushing up on it is proportional to the density of the fluid. You start off the fermentation by entering the gravity of your wort (the App requires this). So it equates that resulting force as 1.0xx gravity. I don't know if it's a force gauge inside or some sort of deflection gauge.

Latest posts

Back