Brew Palace in Google Earth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
O.K. this thread on Google Sketchup got me thinking:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=45800

I have now been playing around on Google Sketchup and I agree it is awesome. I am not as fluent with this yet as with ProE or Solid Works but... I have found why it is worth all of our time.

Th 3D warehouse is our solution to quick designing and planning/sharing of our brew ideas. I just uploaded a keggle to the warehouse and a quick search of "homebrewing" brought up a nice 10g polarware pot, a march pump and some other goodies. These can be downloaded into your model so you don;t have to waste time measuring and building the components.

In addition, I had another good idea. We should vote to choose a location for HBT's brew palace (on second thought we should vote for what to call it too). Anyway, my idea is we can choose a set of coordinates and everyone can place their dream setups in a field somewhere. That way anyone could peruse around the various designs and get ideas for their own future systems. It would also be a cool way to get your system reviewed.

I am working on designing my system and am planning on doing this. Everyone could use a banner or sign near their brewery. For example, I will have a banner over mine that reads Boerderij Kabouter Brau.

Chime in if anyone else thinks this would be cool. And give it a prost if you think it is worth while!
:mug:

Evan! said:
I've never used it myself, but it seems to me that a better place for this might be Second Life.

My first life is so hectic I don't want another one. :fro:

ohiobrewtus said:
My first life is so hectic I don't want another one. :fro:

My thoughts exactly. Have you ever seen anyone play SL? I watched my little cousin play for awhile. It's depressing. You come upon these random people just dickin' around, like, stacking blocks or something, and it makes you sad that their life is so pathetic that they can't even be bothered to dick around in the real life---they need a simulator to dick around.

Evan! said:
My thoughts exactly. Have you ever seen anyone play SL? I watched my little cousin play for awhile. It's depressing. You come upon these random people just dickin' around, like, stacking blocks or something, and it makes you sad that their life is so pathetic that they can't even be bothered to dick around in the real life---they need a simulator to dick around.

No. It's never appealed to me. I have a wife and 4 kids, so the closest I get to a virtual escape online is poker a couple nights a week after everyone goes to bed.

I've never played WoW or any of the games of that genre either. Nothing wrong with doing it - it's just not my thing.

heh, I've never gotten into them either. At least WoW has tasks and fights and whatever...SL is just what it says: a second life. Yikes.

Boerderij Kabouter

I was thinking of posting a similar thread to yours regarding the designing of a house. After designing the house the next step would be building it. After building it you could brew and drink beer in it. :mug:

Probably a huge undertaking but the design part would be fun.

if the design works out virtually we might be even able to make into a successfull game

Beer Life :cross:

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Boerderij Kabouter said:
You've got to be kidding me! For all the design talk that goes on in here I can't believe no one has sketchup models they want to share with the rest of us :mug:
Last month I shared a few 3D model renderings from Blender. I like Sketchup, but it doesn't work so well in Linux. I'm up for taking part in your experiment, though. I do have access to Windows.

I do not want to get involved in "Second Life." I've never heard of it, and it doesn't sound like fun from what's been mentioned here.

Back