Brew log sheet and/or software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warix

Reaction score
I am looking for a simple brew log sheet. I have been brewing extract brews and I plan to go to all grain by summer. I would like to be able to log all of my brews in a notebook. I am currently working on one of my own design but I would love to see some others.

I am also looking for recommendations on Brew software. I am a Mac user but I also have a PC laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I have BeerSmith 2 and I like it but I am also looking for something else that may have a good logging feature.

Thanks and Cheers.

Brewersfriend.com they have a simple one and a brew day check list that might come in handy for your first AG batch.

I use Beersmith for recipe formulation and I've got some other spreadsheets that I use for brew day and fermentation tracking that I haven't fully cleaned up, but here is what I use to plan my brewing for the year.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/here-my-method-managing-your-brewing-schedule-using-gantt-style-chart-488901/

Full post on my blog:

Managing Your Brewing Schedule

014-Full-Schedule-NO-markings-1024x564.png

I use Beersmith and have played with Brewer's Friend. I also need to get back to using the brew's Logsheet I put together to record all aspects of the brewday. It's in my signature. I want to create a notebook to keep my recipes and brewdays. My sht is scattered all over. It's terrible.

Thanks for the replies. I am still trying to figure out what to do here. I think I will keep using beer smith and also create a recipe/log sheet to keep track of what actually happens on brew day. I did that for my Fishing log and that has worked great.

I put together recipes at Brewtoad and then prior to the brew day, I write in a physical notebook all the ingredients, and step by step instructions that I'm going to follow. I'll take notes in that if things pop up.

I built my own tool inside Google Sheets. It doesn't do anything that Brewers Friend or Beersmith or BrewToad doesn't also do but I found the exercise to be quite educational and it's tailored to my system and processes.

I keep a Google Docs log book as well with my brew notes, tasting comments, and general musings and thoughts. I know a lot of people like the feel of pen and paper, but I couldn't ever see going non-digital unless I had to. Being able to access all my stuff from where ever is nice and being able to search and find things by keyword on a whim is super helpful now that I've got 150+ pages going.

Brewday sheets from other sites are awesome, and a great place to start. I always felt that each one was "missing" something that did not fit my style of brewing and note taking. Using different version that I found around the internets, I built my own that as of now suits my needs, but also allows me to ad or delete items as needed.

Having said all of that, this will not take the place of anything designed to help in recipe formulation, but it should help keep you organized and take notes on your beers as you brew them.

This is still in development, and when I moved it from my Windows to my Mac it picked up some formatting issues, but you should get the idea.

Any and all input is welcomed

http://1drv.ms/1v691t8

T

BDWSPDF-1.jpg

Back