Brew Hut Raising Weekend - 4/25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow just read all this over the last few days, and must say that this is just great. I helped to redo a back porch where we wired in fans, a hangin TV, internet, outdoor speakers and a spot light for the darts. It was the ultimate bachelor pad, could even turn the tv to watch from the pool or hottub, to bad I went and got married and my buddy who owned the house with me bought me out.

This got me thinking though with all the talk about permits and deed restrictions, I wonder if Batman got all his permits in line for the bat cave. Or is he just a hypocrite lawbreaker that used his $$$ to grease the inspectors to look the other way and pretend nothing was built here....

Best of luck, just think you will be done in a few months, and it will be a year since you started, time seems to fly by when doing home improment projects doesn't it?

I finally got around to getting some more work done on the brewhaus. It's a combination of time and money now.

I have most of insulation finished and all of the wiring in the front 3/4ths. I mounted 1 of 3 fluorescent lights. Man it kicks out some light.

BrewhausBuild500a.jpg

BrewhausBuild500b.jpg

BrewhausBuild500c.jpg

BrewhausBuild500d.jpg

And more.

A shot of the unfinished cold room with a speaker wire hanging from the ceiling.

BrewhausBuild500e.jpg

The main wall on the left when you enter the Brewhaus. On the right you see cable TV and speaker wires (two for outside, two up front and two in the brewing area).
BrewhausBuild500f.jpg

The wall to the right of my boom box will have 8 Perlicks coming through the wall.
BrewhausBuild500g.jpg

This corner will be where the Eckbank table will go for drinking sessions.
BrewhausBuild500h.jpg

Looking spectacular. Fine planning and craftsmanship in those walls.

Thanks.

Just $19 a 4'x8' sheet of bead board. I could not bring myself to do drywall. SWMBO and I will stain the bead board to add a rustic look to the inside.

Lots of trim work to do inside once we're done.

The back is still open for me to run plumbing, a couple 30 AMP circuits, and some vents for fresh air return.

A new post! I've been checking this thread like a fiend! I just picked up the parts to make my very first MLT at Lowes and make the switch to AG, its encouraging to look at things like this and realize you can only go up. Thanks for the inspiration Ed!

I showed this thread to my wife tonight. I told her this was in the semi near future. She asked how old the "dudes on this board" were. I told her I was right in the middle age wise. She said that when i get to the upper 75% of age I could do it.
Now i'm rooting for more younger members to join....

I showed this thread to my wife tonight. I told her this was in the semi near future. She asked how old the "dudes on this board" were. I told her I was right in the middle age wise. She said that when i get to the upper 75% of age I could do it.
Now i'm rooting for more younger members to join....

Tell her I said I was 12 and building my 3rd brew hut....

looks awesome Ed!! I was telling some dudes I work with about this and they were in awe......we all agreed, it really is the perfect man hut!

In your temperature controlled cold room do you have the proper fluorescent fixtures installed that will light off in a cold enviroment? There is a difference in fixtures as a standard fluorescent will not light off when installed in a refrigerated cold room. There are special fluorescent fixtures for cold or refrigerated rooms. We installed fixtures in a Safeway store when the store supplied the fixtures. They worked while the room was warm and they stayed on while the temps dropped to 15*F above zero. When the lights were turned off and cooled down around 15 minutes later they did not relight or turn on again. The ballasts had to be changed out, nice working in 15*F above zero.

In your temperature controlled cold room do you have the proper fluorescent fixtures installed that will light off in a cold enviroment?

The cold room is outfitted with a 60 watt incandescent light. Instant on and instant off. My light switch on the wall outside will have a red light indicating the light is on.

Lookin' good, Ed!

Once it's stained and trimmed out, I think that the wood will pretty sweet!

I finally got around to getting some more work done on the brewhaus. It's a combination of time and money now.

I have most of insulation finished and all of the wiring in the front 3/4ths. I mounted 1 of 3 fluorescent lights. Man it kicks out some light.

BrewhausBuild500a.jpg

Do you have 2 Air conditioning units? One inside the cold room and one in the main room?

Just came across this thread for the first time and read it start to finish. Just want to join the others in saying keep up the great work... I'm getting ready to carve out a space in my 25'x25' shop for brewing. SWMBO is getting fed up with me using our utility room for my homebrew supply storage, as it is rapidly taking up more space :).

Can't wait to see the finished product. :mug:

Going to have to hurry if you wanted it completed in the one year time frame, ed

+1; I've been following this since I started on the HBT forums; I just wish I lived closer so I could partake in this! Good luck and keep up the great work!

Hope you're keeping your neighbor well supplied for all the help he's given :)

Back