Bread grinder for biab?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mythbustingpyro

Reaction score
Before I go buying a bunch of whole grains, can a nutrimill grinder be used for biab. From what I've been reading most biab brewers try to get close to a flour, which is what this mill grinds to. Can I get by with this for a while or do I need to get my own corona asap.

From what I've been reading most biab brewers try to get close to a flour, which is what this mill grinds to.

I think "close to flour" is a little extreme. IMO a very, very coarse corn meal would be a better description. I did a little googling on the nutrimill and it appears it can vary the crush from fine flour to a pretty coarse grind. I would try it on the coarsest setting and lowest speed and post a photo.

My guess it will work...20 cup capacity is impressive, 5-6 lbs...

Certainly wouldn't hurt to try a batch...

do you already have it? for $220 you could get an actual mill designed for grain crushing.

I already have it yeah. I will probably eventually build one for brewing but am trying to spread out my cost for all grain over a longer period.

Back