Brazillian Organic Honey Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brentski

Reaction score
My best Mead batches use this honey and the surprise flavor it imparts is the reason I need to order so much of it. This honey comes from a region of Brazil that is known for it's Lime orchards and beautiful climate. The product is very clear and typical in color. The price makes it very desirable at $3.00 per 12oz bottle, and I purchase it at my local grocery store. I've made 4 batches at 3 gallons each and the brewing process is simple and only takes 3 hours including clean-up. I brew in my kitchen with a 64 quart kettle and 3 gallon-size pickle jars. My wife and I brew 1 gallon beer kits that we order on-line and have gravitated to extract and partial grain because the smaller the batch is, the more chance a mis-measurement with ingredients or time/temperature may occur. We brew beer once a month and brew mead twice a month, I've tried 3 different brands of honey, and the results have been consistent among all of them. This Brazillian organic honey has been the best discovery we've made because of the deliciously citrus-y flavor it gave to our Mead. The color was also surprising, it's lightly tinted a shade of green that is very pretty in the clear glass bottles we use. The flavor has a hint of lime that is so pleasant, it immediately become our favorite. We have decided to use a better yeast with this honey and can't wait to enjoy it.

Back