Bottling Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_bmw2

Reaction score
I am working to get my first batch into primary and as im waiting to the water to be ready to steep the grains i was thinking ahead a little about the bottling process. I know i have a few weeks but i didn't think it would hurt to go ahead and get this out there. I am brewing a classic english pale ale kit and i was wondering what temp should the bottles be stored at? i have heard both in the fridge and outside of the fridge which i think is correct since fridge conditioning is for lagers correct? thanks for any help you can give!

I guess it depends on what you mean by storing the bottles. After your bottle, try to keep your beer as close to 70F as possible for the first 3 weeks. After that, pop open a bottle and give it a shot. If you have the proper carbonation levels, you can then store them in a dark, cool place. I keep mine on my basement floor which works out perfectly. During winter in Cleveland, that keeps that at a constant temp right around 50F. Good luck with the first batch!

Latest posts

Back