bottles put in refridgerator right after bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubleb

Reaction score
My friend helped me out bottling on saturday night and so I gave him six bottles of homebrew. I forgot to tell him to store the bottles at room temp so when he got home he put them right in the refridgerator.

Is there any hope for the yeast carbonating those homebrews? They were in his fridge for 46 hours. I'd hate to loose 6 beers. If you need more info let me know. I didn't know where to look cause this isn't supposed to happen.

BTW the yeast is an ale yeast.

Thank you so much for the quick reply and the good news. This was my first bottled beer in a long while. I'm counting on this one to be great and didn't want to loose 1/8th of the harvest.

Thanks.

My brother did the same thing a couple weeks ago. He was in town and came over and we brewed a batch and bottled a batch. I gave him a 6 pack to go home with, and he forgot and put it in the 'fridge. I told him to take it out and wait two weeks...... I was concerned about the temp changes.

Latest posts

Back