Bottled water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topcook49

Reaction score
Good morning
I have a water problem here in Lincolnshire. I have to add Camden tablets to the water to prevent a chemical taste occurring on my finished brew. I’m going to use on my next brew bottled water. Has anyone used bottled water to brew with, and what are your thoughts on this.
Cheers Andy

Many people do that. Depending on water's mineral composition, you can add some salts/minerals to it as per the recipe/type of beer. For example, calcium carbonate/gypsum, Epsom salt etc

Many people do that. Depending on water's mineral composition, you can add some salts/minerals to it as per the recipe/type of beer. For example, calcium carbonate/gypsum, Epsom salt etc
Hi
Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm when you said “many people do that” were you referring to brewing with bottled water, or adding Camden tablets to the tap water?
Cheers Andy

I meant many people do brew with bottled water. I have read about some people using campden tablets to remove chlorine from their supply water.

Is there a place to get RO water near you? I bring 2 5 gallon carboys to the grocery store and fill up at their tap there.

If you do s little research, you can build a simple RO system pretty easy. Its gonna run a little more up front but after that its all filter changes only. I built something like HBrewO case but with better filters.

I use distilled water from my local grocery store and then add the brewing salts to create the water profile I want for each batch. Works great!

Back