Bottle washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matc

Reaction score
I'm gonna bottle my first bath this weekend and i've heard that bottle washer/rinser are recommanded but i don't see why...You can rinse your bottles with a hose or in the sink no ? (i'm gonna buy new bottles for my beer)

I would suggest using a sanitizer on the bottles and you would be well off to use a "no-rinse" one rather than bleach which does require a rinse. I use Star-san and iodophor. I like the iodophor because it doesn't foam, so I use it on the bottles, but I use star-san for everything else. You want to soak the bottles in the sanitizer of choice for 3-30 min depending on which sanitizer you use and then drain them. Using bleach will require a rinse, but not if you use the others. I justy got a bottle injector sprayer. It is a neat gizmo but a 5 gal bucket works great too. I also got a bottle tree and I do like that thing a lot. ;)

Once you sanitize the bottles you don't want to risk of contaminating them again with rinse water so the use of no rinse is preferred.

Bottle sprayer, and a Bottle tree. Best inventions since the homebrew kits :)

you can pick em from any good HB store, and all online HB stores that I have looked at have em.

www.homebrewit.com definately does.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back