Double IPA Bonfire DIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctormiah

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe Type
Extract
Yeast
US-05
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
2 packages US-05
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
67.5 (est)
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
21 days @ 68F
Tasting Notes
Homegrown Centennial Punch! with enough malt to stand up to it.
This was my attempt at using my homegrown (1st year) Centennials, figured a bigger IPA was the way to go. IBUs are probably an over-estimate at ~8%AA.

3.3# Amber LME
1# Honey
1oz Homegrown Centennial @ 60
1oz Homegrown Centennial @ 30
6.6 # Pale LME late addition @ 20
1oz Homegrown Centennial @ 15
1oz Homegrown Centennial @ 5
0.75 Liberty (4.5%) @ 5
1oz Homegrown Centennial @ 0 with steep X15 minutes

1 whirlfloc

Pitched 2 packages of US-05 in ~220ml @ 68F for 21 days per above then kegged and carbed up to 2.5 vols

:mug:

View attachment Bonfire DIPA.xml

Bonfire DIPA.jpg

That looks really, really good. I may have to try this recipe out, I just happen to have an empty fermenter that has been begging to be used... The picture looks very tasty! Was this a full or partial boil?

My extracts were Briess and it was a full boil. I really liked how this came out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm unable to do a full boil at this time, what do you think the effects would be on a partial boil using 3.5 gallons?

not much difference, may change some hop utilization. There are a lot of threads re: pros/cons of full boil vs. partial boil; search for a few of those and decide on your brew day plan! Cheers!

Back