Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rogue

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm data gathering if people can share

I am close to my Blichmann 1BBL HERMS system arriving, iv'e been brewing with a GF since it came out (gen 1 still going strong!), and franken prior to that.
I was wondering if anyone using these kettles could share some info on their mill thickness and what sort of % they have been getting etc

I have the Beersmith profile but any real world info from users of the G2 series would be greatly appreciated if you're prepared to share it, feel free to msg me privately if you prefer. I will be dialing it in myself in the long run, but data is king if I can get a little head start!

Cheers

Heck, they designed the kettles and paid for the press dies, so they definitely know every millimeter of the product :)
It is interesting that the G2 wall thickness seems to be an elusive bit of data on the web. I can't find a hint...

Cheers!

The equipment is good enough to get 100% conversion efficiency. It’s gonna be up to you as a brewer to coax it out.

Back