Blichman Fermenator Lid CIP mod

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickyDick

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

So been on a bit of a brewing hiatus lately.

I have the 14 gallon Blichmann Fermenator. Its OK but a bit of a pain to clean out every time. I recently bought a CIP ball from SS Brewtech that is supposed to be able to fit through a 1.5" TC port. I thought I could use it with the Fermenator through the TC blow-off port. Nope. That port is a custom piece that has a more narrow inner diameter than a standard 1.5" TC Ferrule does, probably because it is machined for threads. At any rate, the CIP ball DOES work through the bare hole, but obviously is a bit leaky. Its easy enough to clean up the little amount of leaked fluid, but a better option would be to find a better way to install the CIP ball. This brings up a couple of questions about the corny keg lid used on the fermentator. I know there are a few different styles of lids out there, and was wondering if a "standard" type lid fits on the Fermenator? I'm going to try this later today to see if it would work, and if so, I think I'm going to sacrifice an old lid by trying to weld a TC ferrule onto it. Has anyone tried this and offer some suggestions?
First I'd need to saw a hole in the lid of course after verification that it fits the Fermenator. I looked briefly online for a Pre-modified lid, but could not find one. Any suggestions on a satisfactory hole saw for cutting?

Thanks

TD

Latest posts

Back