Blending Voss and Hornindal Kveik

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymosbeershack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Going to be getting my hands on the omega strains in the not too distant future. Planning a NEIPA for my first brew with Kveik. I was wondering if any one has mixed the strains and the results. Not sure if one would quickly over power the other or if i would get all the citrus of the voss and the stone fruit of the hornindal.

My understanding is Hornindal already a blend of strains? Not sure if Voss is in there or not. Bedn working too much to keep track these days.

“Another unique kveik originating from the farmhouses of Norway. We preserved the original blend of strains to bring the best possible complexity. Hornindal produces an intense tropical flavor and aroma with notes of fresh pineapple, mango, and tangerine. Compliments fruit-forward hops as well as adds another dimension to beer made with traditional “C” hops. Warmer fermentation temperatures will increase the aromatic profile and fermentation speed. Non-phenolic. Like Hothead and Voss Kveik, it ferments well without off flavors at 90+° F.”

Back