Blending Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjaadland

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been a thread in the past. I am not talking about a black and tan I know we all do that at times, well I do. What got me on this is I have a kegged whit and a very cherry Belgium, both very enjoyable on there own, but this past week end I decided to mix one 50/50 and I must say it way fantastic. What I would like to get is others who have blended to share some of there trials here. Also has any one blended before fermentation.

I have a honey blonde ale that's a little too fruity and a vanilla porter that's a little too vanilla. Mixed together they are delicious.

We often blend post fermentation. We brew 12.5 gallon batches and double brew days. This means we have 25 gallons I the end 10 gallons of each beer and 5 gallons of blend. If I have an extra keg, we might fill 2 half full.

Have done it twice and both times it was great. IPA/Porter that made a great Brown and a Pilsner/Ginger lager blend that was a more subtle version of the ginger lager.

Latest posts

Back