Acid Blend in Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This may be a “dumb” question, but can we use the Acid Blend commonly used by winemakers to acidify our water or add tartness to our beers?

Can someone help me speculate what the flavor profile might be like vs. citric acid or lactic acid?

Or the preservative properties it might exhibit compared to phosphoric acid, citric acid or something like Brewtan-B.

I have some from a winemaking kit and was going to experiment, just wanted to check with the community if someone had already tried this and what it was like.

This is the acid blend I am talking about:
25E9D1D0-3590-4EB9-AD3A-99DE2AB581F0.png

Last edited:
Most of the time brewers use phosphoric for low perception, or lactic to match common "beer funk". Malic/tartaric/citric may be out of place, but you could try and see what you think. Citric by itself might not be bad depending on the beer.

Well good thing I just received a pound of Acid Blend and still have insufficient time for a kettle sour.

Back