Alabama Birmingham LHBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are no LHBS in my hometown of Huntsville. Google tells me there's at least one in Birmingham (Alabrew Homebrewing Supplies). Anybody know if I can buy a whole sack of 2-row from them (or elsewhere in Bham)?

I believe you can. Never tried so I am not sure what sizes he carries. I’m sure he would order it for you if nothing else. Call em and ask for Kim. Not open on Mondays.

Unfortunately, there are no LHBS in my hometown of Huntsville. Google tells me there's at least one in Birmingham (Alabrew Homebrewing Supplies). Anybody know if I can buy a whole sack of 2-row from them (or elsewhere in Bham)?
i just saw this, i realize its from 2020 but if youre in H'ville, Pearlys is where i go. its like right in town across from Johnson Pool supply. btw, im not far from you in Grant .

I recently moved out of Huntsville. I was able to buy full sacks from some of the local breweries, usually $35-40 for a full sack of 2-row.
Henager...thats not far from Grant either. yall go up to Pearlys in H'ville. i was just there thursday. they only package most grains in 1 lb bags . but i did get a 10 lb of maris otter

When I was in Huntsville, I got most of my grain at Straight to Ale and usually bought it in 55 pounds sacks.

I work out of state and am home for about a month, then gone for a while and return.

I'm just now getting my kegerators back on line, after moving in July of last year.

When I was in Huntsville, I got most of my grain at Straight to Ale and usually bought it in 55 pounds sacks.

I work out of state and am home for about a month, then gone for a while and return.

I'm just now getting my kegerators back on line, after moving in July of last year.
im not sure if STA sells brewing supplies. ive asked about some yeast but they looked at me like i was after their brewing secrets.

I know the fellow in charge of the brewery and have for a long time, so things might be just a little different for me. But they do sell full bags to homebrewers, sometimes you have to wait for an order to come in, also I've had them special order bags of things that they don't normally use, such as Red X, and Golden Promise, (wasn't impressed with either). I've been doing business with them for ~10 years. I don't ask for yeast, as one never knows the condition of the yeast, although I did get some Belgian yeast over a year ago, because I was only going to be home for several weeks, and was unable to get what I needed shipped. Maris Otter was usually ~$45-49 a sack if I remember correctly.

Rocket Republic in Madison also supports homebrewers, or at least they did, although the prices are a bit higher, due to them buying in smaller volumes.

Green Bus Brewing is run by a couple of former homebrewers and you might be able to get some yeast from them, but you would need to talk to the brewers and not the bartender.

Hope this helps.

I know the fellow in charge of the brewery and have for a long time, so things might be just a little different for me. But they do sell full bags to homebrewers, sometimes you have to wait for an order to come in, also I've had them special order bags of things that they don't normally use, such as Red X, and Golden Promise, (wasn't impressed with either). I've been doing business with them for ~10 years. I don't ask for yeast, as one never knows the condition of the yeast, although I did get some Belgian yeast over a year ago, because I was only going to be home for several weeks, and was unable to get what I needed shipped. Maris Otter was usually ~$45-49 a sack if I remember correctly.

Rocket Republic in Madison also supports homebrewers, or at least they did, although the prices are a bit higher, due to them buying in smaller volumes.

Green Bus Brewing is run by a couple of former homebrewers and you might be able to get some yeast from them, but you would need to talk to the brewers and not the bartender.

Hope this helps.
i usually order my supplies online. i'll be on overtime for the next week or 2 but with my route home being only 5 minutes out of the way to Pearlys , i just make the little detour off the parkway and pick up what i need. Only day theyre closed is sunday.

Back