Beverage factory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArroganceFan

Reaction score
I would like to recommend to everyone here that they stay away from the beverage factory. Their customer service has been horrible, and the tech support just as bad.

They screwed up my initial order, and when I called them back the first time they said that I would have to pay to ship the parts back to them to get a refund for them. Does that make sense? I should have to pay for shipping because they screwed up. They also wanted me to pay for the parts they were supposed to send the first time up front before they would ship them to me. Let me add here that all 3 people who I talked to on the phone were very rude and had horrible attitudes, including the "supervisor." After talking to said supervisor for a while, I finally got her to ship out the replacement parts.

Flash forward to today, I get the correct parts in the mail this morning. Only took a week... So, I go to try to take the original fitting off of the regulator to put the Y fitting on it, and it will not budge. I call up their tech support, and the guy tells me to keep wrenching on it to get it off...to which I tell him that the fitting is in the regulator so tightly that the nut is stripping without loosing the fitting. He had no tips or suggestions, and told me to talk to customer support to get the right fitting out to me.....Needless to say, I am very angry at this point, and I am worried that I have ruined my fitting and wont be able to get it off of the regulator...

Do not buy from the beverage factory...

/rant off

Also, once I get this thing off, should I put pipe tape on the connections? Including Y to reg, and hose fitting to Y.

Thanks

+1 for post whore

Bummer about your trouble, FWIW I have had only good transactions with them. Again, YMMV. thanks for telling your story.

I can only say my single experience with them was good. Not only was their list price for the parts better than anyone else, I got the sale price, even though the sale started after I ordered, but before they shipped.

I've also had problems getting the fittings on regulators apart, but I didn't purchase the regulators from BF. Seems to be a common problem, because I've never seen a regulator assembled with Teflon tape, just bare metal to metal.

david_42 said:
I can only say my single experience with them was good. I got the sale price, even though the sale started after I ordered, but before they shipped.

I've also had problems getting the fittings on regulators apart, but I didn't purchase the regulators from BF. Seems to be a common problem, because I've never seen a regulator assembled with Teflon tape, just bare metal to metal.

Would it be best to use the tape or just stick with the metal to metal?

When i placed my order with them, they left out some parts. They sent them 2 day, no questions asked, no additional cost. To me, they exceeded my expectations for customer service. Of course it would have been better to get everything i ordered the first time, but i have no complaints.

I also go to them, and have had no complaints. I even had a similar problem trying to get an old dial off a regulator, i took it in, and they took it off, and put the new gauge on for me.

Ive never ordered online though.

I also had very good luck with them when I bought shanks,tubing and etc.. But I never had to call customer service ether.

ArroganceFan said:

Tape can't hurt you. I believe that it helps you not cross thread or gall because it lubricates and give you a bette feel for how much resistance you have.

Atl300zx said:
When i placed my order with them, they left out some parts. They sent them 2 day, no questions asked, no additional cost. To me, they exceeded my expectations for customer service. Of course it would have been better to get everything i ordered the first time, but i have no complaints.

Maybe I just had a bad experience with them, I had a heck of a time getting the replacement parts....

I just recently ordered some stuff from both Beverage Factory (returning customer) and kegkits.com (first time customer). The sad part of this story is even though I ordered the stuff from BF nearly 2.5-3 weeks after the stuff from kegkits it looks like it will get to me before the kegkits stuff. The guy working at kegkits was very friendly but just didn't seem to have too much motivation to get my order shipped within a reasonable time frame, even though I told him on the phone that I needed the equipment 2 weeks ago.

So maybe you just had a bad experience which can happen at any store, and maybe I had the same elsewhere.

I ordered some stuff from them last week and did a will-call pick up. No problems and they had it ready when I picked it up.

Were you able to get the fitting off?

Yeah, I also had a pretty good experience with them.... but that was only w/ a single order

ArroganceFan said:

If it touches liquid....use tape. If you have had a problem with getting a fittin goff in the past...use tape. It never hurts and is definitely needed sometimes. It is like a mechanics assembly grease.

Now that I've read all the threads about the poor service from retailers I think I can't actually order from anyone.

I ordered my two faucet tower from Beverage Factory...and they sent me a single faucet tower. They corrected the order in a timely manner and were pleasant enough...but they seem to screw up their orders a lot...not sure I'd go back.

I was considering buying from them but when I had them price a four faucet kit instead of the standard two faucet it was more than double the price??? So because I tend to support local business anyway I bought from my local brew supply and paid about the same amount and had someone show me hands how it would fit together.

I have had good luck with them on price. They did send ball lock connects instead of the pin I needed and requested. However they did replace them and pay for the shipping. Not bad for me being in Hawaii.

Back