Beverage Factory Ships 5' of 1/4" Line with My Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyNoPie

Reaction score
I recently purchased a draft tower from Beverage Factory and today when I go to hook it up, I realize it has 1/4" line rather than the 3/16" line that was advertised. After discussing it with them on the phone, they finally admit the tubing is slightly larger but claim it isn't really a problem. I have never seen any evidence that 1/4" will work basically the same as 3/16". The only option offered was to ship back the entire tower. They claimed it was easier to ship the tower back than to send me a few feet of the correct tubing. While I question if it is easier, it certainly is not cost effective to send a tower round trip from VA to CA.

Has anyone else had bad dealings with them? At this point, I plan to cancel the order and deal with a company who knows what they are talking about.

You definitely want 3/16", and 5 feet isn't really enough anyway. If you go through the hassle of sending it to them, you'll still want to yank the lines and put in 10 feet of tubing. I say just buy some new tubing. I've never ordered from Beverage Factory, but I've heard their service is good. Oh well.

Yeah I should just order tubing and be done, but I'm so irritated that they would argue the diameter didn't matter. I'll never go back to them

Back