Best Wishes on MLK Jr. Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to send out best wishes to all HBTers for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I'm working today, but I'm finding it helpful to mark the day and remember a champion of justice and liberty, an example and inspiration for all of us.

Haven't worked on MLK Day for more than ten years - but in the new job, we use a PTO system, with no set holidays and I forgot to put in to take the day off. Oh well, its kind of quiet and apparently I have time to post on HBT ;)

I hate MLK. Every year I go to the mailbox and then feel like an idiot because there's nothing there.

Ok, not EVERY year. some years I go to the bank and pull on the door handle and it's locked...

;)

@Homer I've had the same experience today. I'm working with the Mayor's office (Chicago) on a building dedication and went to call my contact there this morning and then the light bulb went on for me - of course, they're closed.

Thank God I checked the forums before I left. Sure as sht I would have marched my Friday backup tape right down to the bank where the neighbors are watching for idiots like me who try to get in today.

who will be the next MLK Jr?

Interesting question, but if this conversation goes down a partisan politcal path, the posts will be deleted. Those kind of conversations are only allowed in the debate forum here.

But I don't think its partisan or political to say that we might all hope to be more like MLK Jr, as well as others who fought for liberty and justice in our history - Lincoln and Washington come to mind.

"People who ask a question want a conversation as much as they want an answer." b-boy

from your signature...

"People who ask a question want a conversation as much as they want an answer." b-boy

from your signature...

You're welcome to have a partisan political conversation in the debate forum. In this thread, we're having a conversation about celebrating the holiday remembering MLK Jr.

Well, I drove past the bank on the way home last night, remembering from this thread that there is no banking. Then proceeded to get out of my Jeep when I got home and walk straight to the mailbox and check the mail. I was kind of excited to get to check it because my daughter usually calls dibs on it and she was home because of...

MLK DAY! *smack*

I will have MLK day off as a paid holiday for the first time ever and just wanted to give props. I’m not brewing but will enjoy the day none the less.

Cheers!

Back