Best way to get labels off of Heinekin Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soak them in an Oxyclean bath over night.....labels will slide right off...then scrub the glue in same oxyclean...and rinse rinse rinse....alot....

Also, no experience myself with this....but everything I have read and heard recommends amber bottles.....to prevent sunlight from turning your beer skunky......all I have ever used is the dark amber bottles myself for this reason and also because most of the commercial beers i drink are in amber bottles anyway.

ANy thoughts or experience from anyone else on use of green bottles?

I tried oxyclean but only for an ge. I will try longer. I have 10 heinekin bottles and the rest are Sam Adams bottles. I will drink the heinekin bottles first so skunking will not be an issue.

If you have to use green or clear bottles, just make sure they get as little exposure to any light as possible.

Unless of course you want them to taste like Heinekin/Corona/Moosehead. I personally kinda like the skunky taste sometimes.... :eek:

I use the green and clear bottles for bottling my mead!

I wouldn't do that to my mead (putting it into green bottles)... I actually use frosted clear bottles for all my mead.

I'm actually sipping on a glass of my first batch of mead (made in 2010, right before Turkey Day). Damned fine in the glass. Wonderful color, flavor, aroma, it not 'hot' but has the kick of 18%. :drunk::drunk: Good thing it was only a 375ml bottle that I opened. :eek:

Golddiggie said:
I wouldn't do that to my mead (putting it into green bottles)... I actually use frosted clear bottles for all my mead.

I'm actually sipping on a glass of my first batch of mead (made in 2010, right before Turkey Day). Damned fine in the glass. Wonderful color, flavor, aroma, it not 'hot' but has the kick of 18%. :drunk::drunk: Good thing it was only a 375ml bottle that I opened. :eek:

Why not??

Why not??

Because it looks so damned good in the frosted bottles. Tastes even better. I'm not going for carbonated meads, so I don't need pressure proof/resistant bottles. :tank: IF I was to ever make a carbonated mead, I'd probably end up using Belgian bottles with corks and cages.

Looking forward to seeing how my first batches of mead are in another year. Just hope I can set enough aside to be able to sample them at that point. :drunk:

Back