Co2 Refill England

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs450834

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help. Is there anywhere in England that will actually refill a Co2 tank I have? I purchased it independently now the Co2 is used up. It's tested, doesn't need to be retested until 2027. The bottle has the label on it clearly visible if that helps.

Or alternatively allow me to swap this empty tank (2kg) for a full tank?

I am trying to avoid needing to pay a deposit for another tank which I can then get refilled from the supplier.

Specifically? No idea.

Generally? Welding supply places typically refill or exchange tanks. The place I exchange at doesn't care if the empty tank is past the certification date. As long as it appears generally serviceable they accept it for exchange at the current flat rate.

0Also beverage distributors sometimes do, and perhaps a home brew supply store may have a more local lead for you.

Last edited:
I used to get my cylinder refilled at a liferaft servicing company. They would also do beer gas mix.
Now I go to a place that does co2 refills and LPG refills.

I used to get my cylinder refilled at a liferaft servicing company. They would also do beer gas mix.
Now I go to a place that does co2 refills and LPG refills.
Hey thanks, where is this? I am willing to do a drive within reason. Everywhere I look only swap empty for full and the empty has to be from that supplier.

Hey thanks, where is this? I am willing to do a drive within reason. Everywhere I look only swap empty for full and the empty has to be from that supplier.
Sadly it's more than a drive, I live just north of Wellington in New Zealand. Keep searching.

Driving adds up in time and money too. If there is a place you know and is convenient, spread over time it might be worth considering the one-time hit to get in with one of the local places you know.

Perhaps you could offset some of that by selling the tank you have.

Not sure what your situation is, but I would check around and see if there's a home brew club around. Contact them and see what they do for CO2. Also a local brewery or home brew shop might be able to help.

Besides welding supply some places that work with fire extinguishers can fill a CO2 tank. Paint ball comes to mind too but I'm not sure about that in England.

Back