Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so much the headline, as the headline photo of the drug-sniffer dog....
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/inverness/6333175/chief-police-dog/
1706497095356.png

I am unsure if it was FB algo's or my ex.. but somehow I was recommended to the "Dull Men's Club" which led to this gem:

The 16th Klangwechsel (Cord Change) of a 639 year performance happens today

The organ started in September 2001 and today it will change cords for the 16th time.

As Slow as Possible
"ORGAN²/ASLSP is a musical piece by John Cage and the subject of the second-longest-lasting musical performance yet undertaken. Cage wrote it in 1987 for organ, as an adaptation of his 1985 composition ASLSP for piano. A performance of the piano version usually lasts 20 to 70 minutes."

I am unsure if it was FB algo's or my ex.. but somehow I was recommended to the "Dull Men's Club" which led to this gem:

The 16th Klangwechsel (Cord Change) of a 639 year performance happens today

The organ started in September 2001 and today it will change cords for the 16th time.

As Slow as Possible
"ORGAN²/ASLSP is a musical piece by John Cage and the subject of the second-longest-lasting musical performance yet undertaken. Cage wrote it in 1987 for organ, as an adaptation of his 1985 composition ASLSP for piano. A performance of the piano version usually lasts 20 to 70 minutes."
I would think living anywhere near the neighborhood would drive one mad.

WTF? So he fired multiple times without a target to aim at, apparently in pure panic mode. He needs to turn in his badge.

BTW, I lived in Okaloosa county for about 15 years (in the last century) and the local law enforcement impressed me as more professional than most fwiw.
Both he and his partner emptied their weapons into the Christine-Acorn-Attack-Car.

Moderator Guidance:

Please remember that discussion of politics, which includes pretty much all government actions, is only allowed in the "Debate" forum (for Supporting members only.)

Also, note that any gun related discussions are also only allowed in the "Debate" forum.

Posts that don't follow the above get deleted.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

I remember a classmate in the 8th grade telling me that he shot an arrow straight up once with his bow. He lost sight of it, and as he was looking upward for it, it returned to earth and pierced the back of his hand!

He was no intellectual heavyweight, but he sure was a lucky son of a gun! 😂

“Impossible Rice”

The San Fransisco Treat.

The team found that beef muscle and fat added different odor compounds to the rice, which could be fun for cooks to experiment with.

I’ll bet

Back