Best games to play while drunk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasguzzler

Reaction score
My friends and i are going camping in a few days and we plan to get pretty drunk. What are some fun activities/games we could do once we have crossed the drunen line?

Bag Toss
Horse Shoes
Bocce Ball
Drunken Adventure - Fill a backpack with beer and go for a walk
Obviously Card Games

Drunken Races, relay races. - ie. slam a beer run to the end of the campground pick up a heavy log and run it back, tag your teamate, they complete the same task, when they drop their log you slam your second beer, followed by them slamming their second beer. First team to finish wins.

Beer fishing. Tie a good sized weight on the end of your fishing line, place a bottle or can at the end of the range. Try and hit the bottle or can by casting the weight down range

I personally like Drink the Beer myself, great game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Camping is perfect for playing Hammerschlagen, Try to hammer in a nail with the claw end of your hammer in a stump/piece of wood. You can only take one swing at a time

I always beat my buddies but then again I worked seasonally as a carpenter through high school and college...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerschlagen

How would someone take more than 1 swing at a time with a hammer?

The game I usually end up playing when I'm most drunk is "where are my car keys?" ;)

I guess I should reword that statement, one swing/turn and then the hammer is passed to the next person.

Sometimes I play your game too, most often in the mornings and sometimes it goes like: where did i put my everything??

mumblety peg ... which is a form of "chicken" using a knife.

A very old game ... though we played it differently - here's a description from wiki ...

"Mumblety peg is generally played between two people with the aid of a pocket knife. In one version of the game, two opponents stand opposite one another with their feet shoulder-width apart. The first player then takes the knife and throws it to "stick" in the ground as near his own foot as possible. The second player then repeats the process. Whichever player "sticks" the knife closest to his own foot wins the game.

If a player "sticks" the knife in his own foot, he wins the game by default, although few players find this option appealing because of the possibility of bodily harm. The game combines not only precision in the knife-throwing, but also a good deal of bravado and proper assessment of one's own skills"

There are a number of different ways to play ...

They way we used to play though, was to stand as stated above, facing each other at a distance measured by each player putting his arm out in front of himself so that their fingertips just barely touch ... and each player with their feet far apart (kinda like doing the splits but standing up). You would then take turns throwing the knife into the ground between each others feet (not your own feet as in the wiki version above). Usually a standard "spinning" knife throw ... not a spear throw.
The object was to stick the knife into the ground at as close to the middle point between your opponents feet as possible ... your opponent then must bring one of his feet to that spot. Basically you are trying to shorten the distance between his feet by halves with each throw. Occasional adjustments to each other, right or left, are allowable periodically to keep facing each other squarely ... though each player still maintains the distance their own feet are apart.
You win when either you stick the knife between his feet and the blade touches both feet (usually aided by the person "bowing" their feet out to make it a bit less likely of losing a toe), or he "chickens" out. If you actually stick the blade in his foot, you lose. The game works best with a "pocketknife" that has a blade longer than what is "legal" ... a 4" or 5" inch blade on a well balanced, not-too-heavy knife works well. I don't recommend playing this with a sheath knife.
I spent many hours each week playing this in my teens.

Rummy 500, similar to Gin Rummy.

Every time a player puts one of his sets of cards down you take a drink for each card played. You will have to look at the rules online to really understand, but I promise its a great card drinking game with 2-3 people

Hot Coal: grab coal from fire, make a bowl of your hands, blow on the coal while shaking it around. Pass along, repeat. Drop coal, drink. Hands too hot, well- grab a cold beer...and may as well drink!

Anyone familiar with Always Sunny, and their game Chardee Macdennis? Maybe not for camping, but a game I'd love to try to play. Kyle

The only time I've played "where are my car keys" was when I was in high school, was way too drunk to drive, and my friends hid the car keys so I wouldn't get my butt killed or arrested.

Good friends, now that I think about it.

BeardtreeBrewing said:
The man game. You and a buddy put your forearms together and drop a lit cigarette in the middle. First one to pull away loses.

Fun game, but now I have about 6 big scars on my arms.

I havent played it yet but "drinkopoly" was at the nyc craft beer fest this past weekend , i especially like the card "take a body shot off the player of your choice"

We'd usually end up playing mexicali over drinks in college. Pissing for distance was always a crowd favorite.

Drunken spelling bee's are a blast. Make up about 30-40 flash cards with the correct spelling of words and perhaps a clarifying sentence for unfamiliar words. Pair off in teams and the last one standing wins.

Tossing a competition weighted glow in the dark frisbee is always fun when you're hammered with a group, too.

Plinking the empties. If you get bored after that, you can put your forehead on a pole and spin around, then try to run a ways and back. Beer + spinning + trees should make for an interesting game.

We shoot pool while drinking and the loser(s) have to take a close range shot with airsoft full auto/blowgun/paintball gun. When we wanna get rowdy we incorporate drinking rules into the pool games, example: scratch and you finish your beer. It's hell

Firewalking

And remember if your butt is sore in the morning, you were abducted by aliens That is your story and stick to it.

+1 to bocce ball. So fun to play in the forest with the uneven ground

Disc golf with trees as targets is really fun too

Back