BEST Food with BEER??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few bottles left of a raspberry brown that goes very nicely with homemade pots de creme.

Jalapeño cheddar buffalo brats with homemade giardiniera and Modus Hoperandi from Ska.

Bonus points when grilled and consumed at the lake...

Jalapeño cheddar buffalo brats with homemade giardiniera and Modus Hoperandi from Ska.

Bonus points when grilled and consumed at the lake...
I have seen the johnsonville jalapeno cheddar brats (and they are sinfully good) is this any relation to the buffalo brats?

The brats are sold here in Colorado Costco stores. They are locally made.

The giardiniera recipe is from Jeff Mauro on food network. I cut the salt back a little for the first brine but otherwise I follow it pretty closely and it turns out awesome. Never lasts more than a few days.

Heh. I like the way the title of this thread is worded.

It just dawned on me that you don't pair beer with food. Instead you pair the food with the beer. As a homebrewer, you have on tap what you have on tap... so you start with what beer you want to drink and then you pair the food with the beer. The real question is "what is going to taste best with this awesome beer I made?"

Right now I have the white house honey porter and a Belgian white on tap. I am thinking that a fish fry in a couple weeks ought to taste great with the Belgian and then maybe my wife can find a nice desert to pair with the honey porter.

Nachos !! How did this get left out so far?

And for that matter chili dogs with a sparklingly black schwarzbier!

The buying a chili dog at 7/11, tossing the dog and bun and filling your frito bag with chili and nacho cheese comes close to satisfying both of those, lol.

But WITH WHAT BEER?????

I am so sorry :(

I must declare your post the first FAIL of this noble thread.........nah! You tried. Let me just wave my wand and FIX it for ya.........:mug:

Thanks for your unwavering support!! I was going to say a dos Equis amber but figured that might bring the wrath of both the foodies and the beer snobs ! Fun thread

Tinhorn said:
Thanks for your unwavering support!! I was going to say a dos Equis amber but figured that might bring the wrath of both the foodies and the beer snobs ! Fun thread

And frito pie with a blond ale is also very soothing

cheezydemon3 said:
You are welcome sir, and if I might say so, an EXCELLENT recovery on your part!!;)

Thank you kindly these pretzels are making me thirsty !

Milk stout and ice cream

30811_1427027790181_3461470_n.jpg

Milk stout and ice cream

Oh MAN!!! I have this awesome blonde with orange peel and coriander.

The coriander got lost somewhere but the orange peel and crystal 20 are heavenly!!!! (whole tangering peel last 10 minutes).

I was so tempted to put some vanilla icecream in for the whole creamsicle effect.

I settled on a vanilla and orange peel blonde for my next brew!

Honestly not sure what food to pair that with!

Why do I hear the Boob train approaching???

AWW!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!

total de-rail......

Lemon garlic marinated grilled chicken covered with a cucumber/cream/feta sauce paired with an Imperial Wheat!! STAT!!!

I ALWAYS get Negra Modelo with Mexican. but then again I don't have a Mexican restaurant around me that carries IPA or even PA....

NICE! Might have to do that for lunch!!!! Chile Relleno, cheese enchilada and a taco lunch special with a negra modelo!!(no IPA at the mexican places here either :()

I haven't looked in there either.

Actually I think I posted before there were any pictures......as far as I know ther are still no pictures, but the thread appears to have....ahem....swelled?

on the way home from the U-Haul I get my propane tank filled, I'll take the BigHair to a Mexican place that has SNPA. pretty good with some fajitas or a chimi

then again, you had me at food & beer

I just had a couple slices of some "soberdough" beer bread and a honey porter... they complimented each other VERY well.

I've recently made two stouts one was an oatmeal stout and the other is a coffee stout. I'm thinking they would pair well with eggs Benedict, buttermilk pancakes and fresh fruit. I also have some thoughts of doing a bacon stout. I think this would make for one hell of a great breakfast! Opinions?!

I've recently made two stouts one was an oatmeal stout and the other is a coffee stout. I'm thinking they would pair well with eggs Benedict, buttermilk pancakes and fresh fruit. I also have some thoughts of doing a bacon stout. I think this would make for one hell of a great breakfast! Opinions?!

Melana has it. Bacon beer is a PITA.

You have to soak the bacon in a solvent. Chill and remove ALL of the fat, make the beer with the "vodka bacon" or whatever you chose, and have it suck.

A little smoked malt imparts the flavor of bacon surprisingly well. Go further with a little maple syrup, but bacon beer has been done and all accounts are that it is a waste of time.

Back