Belgium Travel Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time lambic lover booking my flight for my first trip to Brussels today. Going in April for night of great thirst and hopefully quintessence. Are there any guesses for when quintessence is? My wife was there 10 years ago so we have some stuff figured out but any suggestions/ tips for the trip would be greatly appreciated. Reading through thread now.
1st of May according to Jean.

Cheers and see you there.

I’ll be getting into Brussels tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up and share bottles. I’ll likely be hitting LoD in the afternoon and Moeder in the evening.
Keep me posted on this thread if possible. I will be traveling to Antwerp tomorrow and depending on what time I get back I might be available to meet up at Moeder (at Fontainas?).

Cross posting in hopes someone shows up to Moeder Lambic and helps me finish bottles. First drink is on me!
qzgPAvl.jpg

Eurostar coming in hot with yours truly. Moeder, dinner (TBD), and late night frites tonight.

I. Am. Excited.

Any suggestions on where to buy a 12 bottle shipper from? I'll be in Brussels, Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp. I checked with BIAB but they won't sell me a shipper unless I have them ship it for me.

Any suggestions on where to buy a 12 bottle shipper from? I'll be in Brussels, Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp. I checked with BIAB but they won't sell me a shipper unless I have them ship it for me.
Lazenne is what I've used in the past. They're in France, but I just had it shipped to my hotel.

Lazenne shippers are great, I second rrryanc's comment. Cantillon offers their own shipping bags which are just as nice (I think theyre actually Lazenne bags/boxes) but they dont always have them in stock.

Lazenne is what I've used in the past. They're in France, but I just had it shipped to my hotel.

I'm having a 12btl shipper sent to 3F, but they're like 40euros. I guess it beats shipping it all home myself though.

Lazenne shippers are great, I second rrryanc's comment. Cantillon offers their own shipping bags which are just as nice (I think theyre actually Lazenne bags/boxes) but they dont always have them in stock.

Yep, they're the same "Wine ship" brand ones.

I'm having a 12btl shipper sent to 3F, but they're like 40euros. I guess it beats shipping it all home myself though.

Yep, they're the same "Wine ship" brand ones.
That seems high to me. Earlier this year I had 2 large 12 bottle Styrofoam shippers sent to my hotel in Brussels for $51 including tax and shipping.

Thanks guys! I saw Lazenne mentioned earlier in the thread as a ship to yourself option. Seems like the safest plan to ensure I get one if Cantillon happens to be out of stock.

I will be visiting Belgium with NY girlfriend in late December/early January. Anyone want to share some vintage bottles at Grote Dorst on Christmas morning?

Back