Belgian Tripel storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ndFloorBrew

Reaction score
I am going to bottle my Belgian Tripel tomorrow and wanted to know how to store the bottles. I have a temperature controlled cooler that i can use but i plan on conditioning them for 3 months at least. Should i keep the bottles at 72 degrees the whole 3 months? or should i keep them at 72 for a few weeks and then transfer to a fridge for cold storage until drinking? Ive been getting mixed answers from forums. Thanks for any help

I just brewed a Belgian tripel last night and was starting to research bottling options. I've done another big beer that is still not ready after more than 2 months do I'm hoping to shave a little time off this one. I usually leave mine at room temp around 80 and they seem to do fine. I think lower temps around 72 are more for primary fermentation but higher temps for bottle conditioning would seem to just get them going a little faster. Probably shouldn't do much over 80 though. Waiting is the hard part.

It will probably take at least 3 months at room temp. I'm still waiting on my first to finish. The more alcohol the longer it takes. The higher alcohol makes the yeast work harder and they're already worn out from the fermentation. It's sort of like wine in the sense that they get better with age. You could save some for a year and I bet they would taste even better. I'm looking into adding champagne yeast to see if that will help but while it might help carb faster it won't do much for the flavor profile which requires time.

Back