Belgian Tripel Fermenting time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdudek

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've read around the forum about people keeping their Belgian tripels in fermentor a month or more, sometime 2-3 months between primary and secondary

I brewed a tripel a couple of weeks back, fermenting form 67-75 with WLP530. After 2 weeks OG is steady at 1.008. Is there any reason i should be keeping it in the fermenter longer? I do plan to let it sit in the bottle for a few months (basically until xmas).

why the very very long fermentation times?

Fwiw I just let all my ales sit for a month. I figure it gives the yeast a chance to do whatever it wants to finish doing, and gives stuff plenty of time to settle out.

I bet it is! I wonder if there isn't little bit of difference because of the refermentation in the bottle though. Probably splitting hairs.

No doubt there would be some difference, even if it's marginal. Sounds like a nice exbeeriment for Brulosophy. I'll volunteer for a blind taste test.

Latest posts

Back