Belgian IPA - No Head...Not Sure Why

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackSmash

Reaction score
I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

I brewed a Belgian IPA a few months ago and flavor wise, I like it a lot. It has nice mouthfeel, nice carbonation, you get nice aroma from the citra dry hop and nice flavor from the hallertau during the boil...

OG was 1085 and FG was right around 1020-1025...so right around 8%ABV, which is what I was going for.

No head whatsoever though.

Quite often the cause of that is a soap residue on your glassware or the bottles. If your glassware is washed in a dishwasher and you have a dispenser for a drying agent that prevents water spots, blame that and clean your glassware by hand. You can try extra rinsing or a salt scrub to get rid of the residue.

Quite often the cause of that is a soap residue on your glassware or the bottles. If your glassware is washed in a dishwasher and you have a dispenser for a drying agent that prevents water spots, blame that and clean your glassware by hand. You can try extra rinsing or a salt scrub to get rid of the residue.

Hmmm...you really think that could be the case?

I do typically use my dishwasher to run my bottles at a high-temp before I bottle (I let them dry/cool before putting the beer into them).

Back