Beersmith and Partygyle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amiaji

Reaction score
Is there anyway to set up a partgyle recipe in Beersmith? I am still learning to use the software and am starting to get the hang of it but I havent found a way to do partygyles.

The only way I can see to work out a Partigyle brew in Beersmith is a bit convoluted.

First, I'd read this thread and the article it's linked to, that gives you the basis for what I'm going to do in Beersmith

Next, you pick the batch gravity to make the beers you want, I'll use Alamo beer's example of 1.070, but with a 50/50 split to make 2 5 gallon beers. Program, using your typical brewhouse efficiency, a 10 gallon batch into Beersmith with a target SG of 1.070. This recipe will give you your mashing instructions. Don't bother adding your hops schedule here.

Make two more copies of this recipe, don't change the grainbill but drop the batch size to 5 gallons and adjust the brewhouse efficiency down until you hit the SG's for your two beers, in this case, 1.093 and 1.047. You might find that the two brewhouse efficiencies you have to use will add up pretty close to your typical brewhouse efficiency.

Set up each of these recipes with its own hop schedule and boil time.

You're basically on your own for sparging, you know your boil requirements for each of the beers, just try to hit your target volumes on each beer recipe in turn.

I hope this helps, at the moment it's purely theoretical so let me know if it works.

Thanks for the info. I'm not planning to try a partygyle anytime soon was just wondering if Beersmith would do it. I guess there isnt a feature in it yet for them.

Back