Beersmith 2 mobile: missing final ABV and efficiency?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevreh

Reaction score
Boy I hope I'm just missing these two things, because so far this app has been easy to use on my android tablet. With all the other features, I would be surprised if the actual ABV and brewhouse efficiency are missing. Simple calcs that take up two more fields.

Please tell me I just haven't found them yet. There's plenty of free calculators out there, it would be a shame to use one even though I paid $ for the tablet/mobile version.

Interesting, only used the app once and did not notice that. Just checked myself and I cannot find that anywhere, though under Tools you can get the ABV by entering the OG and FG.

In fact I don't even see anywhere where you enter your pre-boil, OG and FG numbers or actual volume numbers anywhere. Seems more like it's just for having the recipe in front of you.

On BeerSmith forums, Brad Smith mentions that efficiency calculator is on his list for a future update. No word on ABV.

I did look harder and found where to put gravity and volume numbers...click edit recipe, scroll to Brewing Session Data, click it and add your actual numbers. Maybe when adjusting those, the main recipe page shows actual ABV instead of recipe ABV?

Glad you found it, those settings are burried a little deep but there.

That's interesting.....with all the other decent features, I cannot fathom why something as basic and rudimentary as Efficiency and ABV wouldn't be there. What a bummer. These aren't fancy bells or whistles or anything. So close....

Back