Beer Store Recommendation - Denver Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatjonguy

Now with 57.93% more awesome!
Reaction score
I have a buddy in the Boulder area this week and would like him to pick up some CO goodies to drive back to ND.

I definitely want some Old Chub Nitro, Left Hand stuff and Funkwerks which was all easily available the last time I was in the Denver area.

Looking for some Crooked Stave and other stuff not available near ND.

Do you have an recommendations for the best one stop shot at this?

He doesn't want to drive to a bunch of places. I would like to keep it in the Broomfield/Westminster/Boulder/Longmont areas.

Anyone still get Russian River on the regular down there? I got some at Total Beverage in Westminster the last time I was in Denver.

Thanks in advance!

Total Bev is probably the best you're going to do on that side of town as far as selection. Tipsy's is farther and may have more to choose from but I'm not sure. My problem with these booze megamarts is I often get beer that hasn't been treated properly so beware of that. I've found much fresher selections at smaller stores where the turnover is quicker.

I got some Belgians one time at Total that all sucked. A couple of them fizzed out the top and all were undrinkable. Sucks to pay almost $30 for a six pack of dumpers. I emailed the "beer manager" and didn't even get a response. That was my last trip there.

Have him check the dates of anything from these mega-stores. And I'd pass on anything that casts any doubt whatsoever.

Thanks! I was there last time I was in Denver. Someone also recommended Hazel's and Liquor Mart in Boulder.

For best chance of stores that have a good turn around time, I'd check out Argonaut on Colfax also. Definitely has a hipster "you've probably never heard of it" vibe but it's always busy and I'm sure their stuff is fresh. Another mega mart is called Applejack. It's at I70 and Youngfield. Good Luck!!!

Coming from Boulder, Wheat Ridge has some good options:
Verns Liquor has a surprising selection for being as small as it is (just west of Wadsworth on 44th, next to Walgreens)
For a mega-style liquor store, I second elkshadow's recommendation of Applejack Liquor on Youngfield. Just take the Youngfield exit off of I-70.

Back