Beer lovin' Canadian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaitlynd

Reaction score
So here I am, finally posting after lurking for god knows how many months.
What's there to say?

I'm a lady, and I love beer. Good beer. Real beer.

I was introduced to beer through the Coors and Labatts of the world. I thought it was swill. Then I began my job as head bartender at the tiny little restaurant I continue work at who refused to carry the Coors and Labatts of the world. There I was shown the light; that beer could have flavor, body, colour, aroma, and that it didn't have to be served below freezing to be consumable.

One of my fellow workmates brews his own beer and lent me a few of his books. After a split second decision (frankly it didn't need much thought), my boyfriend and I decided that for our 6 year anniversary we would invest in all the brew equipment we needed and spend the day brewing our first batch of beer, a delicious but fairly thin amber ale.

From then on we were hooked. We both spend hours making our own recipes and doing everything we can to perfect each brew. Shortly after our first batch we invested in building our own kegerator (well, Ben did most, if not all the work) with a dual tap system so we could both have our own brews flowing.

Apparently we're good at it too. I was recently pitted against my workmate friend to brew a Saskatoon berry beer for our summer staff party. I made an American Wheat with honey malt, lemon and saskatoons. Alas I did not win, purely based on the fact that it was too lemony - apparently 2 zested lemons in a 30 litre batch was too much. Who knew?!

Anyways, I'll stop rambling.

My name is Kaitlynd, and I'm a beeraholic.

How's it going, eh?

(sorry, HAD to!)

Welcome to HBT! Nice to see more Canadians getting into the hobby. Maybe some enterprising young people up there will kick start the homebrewing ingredient business and make it easier for you guys to find and buy stuff. I understand there is a shortage of cheap ingredients up there.

Welcome aboard! Good to see more Canadians. Ingredients are somewhat more expensive up but they are still reasonable. I get by at about $30 per 5 gallons for moderately hoppy beer.

Latest posts

Back