Beer line brand/size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronc5150

Reaction score
Hello all. I need to replace my beer line. Do you guys suggest a specific brand that is good quality vs buying tubing from a department store like Home Depot? I know the ID should be 3/16, does the OD of the tube matter?

Thanks!
Aaron

I wouldn't use the tubing from HD or Lowes for beverage...most of it states that's its not safe to use for ice makers. I don't know exactly what that means, but ill just go on the safe side.

My local homebrew shop sells beverage tubing for .68 a foot and you can get it on any of the 100 recommended websites in the vendor section for pretty cheap if you are ordering other supplies with it.

I don't see why you couldn't use the home improvement stuff for the gas side though...probably okay there

Great, thanks. Is there a recommended OD for the serving line or is the ID of 3/16 the only part that really matters?

ID is really the only thing that matters, but I like using the 9/16 OD because the worm clamps work better then the the 5/16 OD.

Back