Beer in Western Ireland?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oktober

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've got a business trip coming up in a few weeks where I'll be heading for Western Ireland (Limerick, Galway) for 5-7 days. I have yet to find any good resources that describe the beer scene over there, so I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions beer destinations to check out (besides the ever-present Guiness). If I recall, Ireland has tax laws that are unfavorable toward new, small breweries, but there have got to be some out there.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

-Okt

Oktober said:
Hey All,

I've got a business trip coming up in a few weeks where I'll be heading for Western Ireland (Limerick, Galway) for 5-7 days. I have yet to find any good resources that describe the beer scene over there, so I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions beer destinations to check out (besides the ever-present Guiness). If I recall, Ireland has tax laws that are unfavorable toward new, small breweries, but there have got to be some out there.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

-Okt

I live in Galway so I'll check out any possible good small spots. When r u going?
Check out http://www.beoir.org/ it has some info
Are you flying into Dublin or Shannon?

Galway bay brewery
Upper Salthill Road
Galway
W: Visit Website
E:
T: 091 448390
Opening hours:
Available beers:
Bay Ale (Irish Red), Stormy Port (Porter), Strange Brew (Pale Ale)
View Full Details...

This one is nearer limerick (3/4 hr)
Burren Brewery
Doolin Road
Lisdoonvarna
Co. Clare
W: Visit Website
E: Send E-mail
T: 065 707 4084
Opening hours:
Available beers:
Burren Gold, Burren Red, Burren Black
View Full Details...

I live in Galway so I'll check out any possible good small spots. When r u going?
Check out http://www.beoir.org/ it has some info
Are you flying into Dublin or Shannon?

It looks like the first or second week of May I'll be flying into Shannon. The bulk of my time will be down in Limerick, but I was planning on heading up to Galway to visit a friend.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

-Okt

Oktober said:
It looks like the first or second week of May I'll be flying into Shannon. The bulk of my time will be down in Limerick, but I was planning on heading up to Galway to visit a friend.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

-Okt

Check out that website as they name the pubs that do craft beer aswell as craft brewery's there are a few close to limerick and Shannon

Back