Beer idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLExpat

Reaction score
Buddy of mine was asking if I could make a beer that tasted like honey roasted nuts. I think it may be doable. Use some Maris Otter or Golden Promise, honey malt, dash of roasted barley, toss some ground nuts or peanut butter in the boil. thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

People seem to use the powdered pb to avoid the oils with good results. I think you are on the right track. Some salt also, I had a salted caramel ale this weekend and the salt was very subtle but there.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'd think the oils in nuts would be bad.

One of those times when a few buddies also brew and so everyone can brew up something with slight changes to see how it turns out.

It sounds like a great idea, and one i may just have to pursue one of these days!

I think that PB2 is the powder that is used in the BEAVR Nutz kit:
shopping

Did any of you ever brew something like this? I've been eating a lot of honey roasted peanuts lately, and had the same idea... came on here to search it, and here it is.

What about using peanut flour? It might be the same as the peanut butter powder above, but it would be worth looking into.

Similar to the recipe above, was thinking MO for base, with some Munich, Honey, C20-ish, and maybe a bit of Aromatic or Melanoidin with a dash of Roasted Barley, and then the PB2. Maybe even some honey in the boil, and/or to prime?

Just bittering hops as a counterpoint to the sweetness, and either a neutral cal ale yeast, or maybe British, Scottish, or German Ale instead?

Back