Beer gun mount.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmasterorr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been brewing for almost 7 years now and have bottled maybe 4 batches. I have wanted to enter competitions but with kids and the need to actually bottle my beer I just have not found the time. Now I am hoping to bottle a lot more and have stuff ready for competitions. Tonight I decided to rig up some bottle guns and try it out.

I wanted to have some kind of Mount so I could fill the bottle and not worry about putting the filler down somewhere to keep I from getting dirty. I had an idea to attach the filler to a clamp. At first I was going to mount it above the dishwasher and let it drip in. But over my sink worked out much better. I just went and got a clamp removed the stop for the clamp handle and got a couple of stainless screws and wing nuts.

The first one is a counter pressure bottle filler from morebeer. The second a Blichmann beer gun.

1. I had a few batches I was trying to get ready to ready to bottle. I over carbonated one beyond being able to bottle it and the other two worked out fine. You can see I modified it a bit. First, I added a clamp above the rubber grommet to keep it from sliding up. Second, I put a valve in place of a bleeder. I found this much easier for clean up and you can attach a hose to direct foam. The counter pressure filler is a must if you are trying to get higher carbonated beer in bottles from a keg.

2. The Blichmann beer gun is a lot easier to use, especially when you have not filled bottles for a while. The issue I had in the past comes down to carbonation. When I had a beer a little too carbonated it would foam like crazy. So I ended up getting a counter pressure bottle filler and I use the beer gun for sours.

Anyhow...let me know if you have any questions. I just thought the clamp mount was really helpful and may help someone else out. I think the clamp and bolts were under $20. Of course that does not include the fillers.

Jeff

View attachment 1438496727715.jpg

View attachment 1438496749160.jpg

View attachment 1438496763889.jpg

View attachment 1438496787984.jpg

View attachment 1438496805040.jpg

Back