Has anyone used one of these Chinese counterpressure filler machines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaneB

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

They're all over ebay when you search counter pressure bottle filler, I know most people recommend a tapcooler or nukatap counterpressure filler but I like the idea of having a system to mount the bottle. This reminds me of the WilliamsWarn BrewBottler and iTap but both of those models are made of plastic and this looks like stainless steel and cheaper.

It seems like it's a generic counter pressure filler attached to a press like you would use for a bottle capper. Does anyone have experience with these? I'm interested to bottling NEIPA with low dissolved oxygen. It's either something like this or spend $500 on a oktober manual seamer + $200 on a duo filler mono. I'm not sure if the duo filler will be worst when it comes to dissolved o2 but cans are cheaper than bottles.

Most CPBF assemblies use a long bottling stem with the assumption that the CO2 purge works best if the CO2 is introduced at the base of the bottle - as well as allowing a non-air-dropped fill. The business end on this rig obviously lacks that feature - probably due to the limited travel of the assembly on the stand. How efficiently/effectively/quietly that little nubs works in that regard could be a concern for someone dealing with the O2 grenade that is a New England IPA...

Cheers!

Most CPBF assemblies use a long bottling stem with the assumption that the CO2 purge works best if the CO2 is introduced at the base of the bottle - as well as allowing a non-air-dropped fill. The business end on this rig obviously lacks that feature - probably due to the limited travel of the assembly on the stand. How efficiently/effectively/quietly that little nubs works in that regard could be a concern for someone dealing with the O2 grenade that is a New England IPA...

Cheers!

It looks like the end has a barbed fitting where you could attach the appropriate flexible tubing
1698721515566.png

This $6,000 machine seems to also purge from the top. Micro Filling Systems 4 Head Counter Pressure Bottle Filler | MoreBeer

1698721407930.png

This design seems to work well but it's more expensive and on backorder. The main issue is it's made of plastic and harder to keep sanitized.

Re Williams warn bottle filler.

Generation 1 versions of this CFBF are mounted on a Stainless steel stand.
Very solid and is great to use, very tidy in use and I've had excellent stability with it.
Newer plastic one is a bit creaky but performs as well. I use the MK1 for Brett's and saisons.
Mk II for the rest.
Majority of my beer is in 20 litre stainless bottles.
The mk II is cheaper than mk I.

Back