been lurking a week, joined this morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickery

Reaction score
This forum is soo damn awesome! Can't believe how much great information there is and how friendly people seem to be.

I'm an extract brewer that started at the first of the year. I have a couple of very accomplished home and commercial brewers as friends so I got off to a very successful start. I consider myself a patient person but waiting a month to drink my homebrew has been agonizing. I'm usually into it less then 4 weeks after brewing.

Tomorrow morning I'm doing a variation of the Darth Vader black IPA recipe, listed. Super pumped!

thanks for making such an amazing forum.

:)

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that you're finding it so helpful and friendly. I've been on here a few years now and can say that I still find it amazing how much helpful information and how many friendly people are on this forum.

Happy brewing!

I joined a couple of years ago and this forum has been a wealth of great info for me as I've grown as a brewer. I hope you enjoy as much as I have!

Happy brewing!

Welcome to the forum and the hobby! I joined about a year ago and now am on this more than fb. Where you from? I am always amazed at the places folks are from? I'm in south MS.

Welcome! The information and helpfulness on the forum is incredible! I too have friends who have been brewing for years and their help has been quite good, but having the ability to tap into the collective knowledge/experience available here is terrific. Started with extract kits a year ago, did a SN Pale Ale clone for my first 'recipe', then went all grain and haven't looked back.

Built a counterflow wort chiller right off the bat (my experienced friends still use the standard copper tube chiller), built a mash tun and bought a barley crusher. Working on having a standard brew day when others can join. Weather has been the pits here (and likely everywhere) but it is always more fun to have others join in.

Brewed 10g of Arrogant Bastard clone (recipe on this forum) yesterday. Bottled Raging Irish Red Ale a couple of weeks ago and have 10 gal of LH Milk Stout clone (yes recipe on this forum as well). All recipes from this forum.

Enjoy!

Hey thanks everyone!

Just finished brewing up the Dark Vader adaptation I'd planned. I swear my first brews went so well, and now my beginners luck is running out! (batch came out a gallon under, and OG was down way below what i expected)

I'm using brewcraft, and I swear the more I use it the less I understand....
Im going to ask in-person help from a few of my buddies, but here's some burning questions:

-when brewing extract with steeping grains, what do you choose for mash below the recipe? (the drop down describing mash process)

-totally confused by the starter tab... claims i should have used two yeast packs, hopefully i'll make it.

blah blah, could go on forever with questions,

Oh well, it was easy from the start then it wouldn't be rewarding right?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Happy brew day!

Welcome. When I first started brewing, it seemed like I wound up here every time I went searching for the answer to a question. So I decided to cut out using google as the middleman, and just join....

Back